Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Cardinals (96-58) at Brewers (75-77)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Cardinals (96-58) at Brewers (75-77)

Why am I up so friggin early? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Stats to come later.

GO CARDS!
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

I call a Win for Carp
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I got your back Jewboy. Don't want to interrupt your nap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

St. Louis (96-58) at Milwaukee (75-77)

Game Info: 7:05 pm CDT Fri Sep 23, 2005
      TV: FSN

Starting Pitchers

C. Carpenter StL vs. C. Capuano Mil

21-4 Record 17-10
      2.42 ERA 3.64
      203 K 164
      47 BB 79
      16 HR 28

With all their regular-season goals met, the St. Louis Cardinals can begin to get ready for the playoffs when they open a three-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers.
      St. Louis is having such a good season that even losing works out well.

Although they lost 6-2 to Cincinnati on Thursday, the Cardinals still clinched home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs when Atlanta lost 4-0 to Philadelphia earlier in the day.

The Cardinals are trying to make it back to the World Series, where they were swept by Boston last year.

``We still want to play as hard as we can, but at the same time, this is a chance for players or pitchers who are fatiguing or sore to get some rest,'' said St. Louis manager Tony La Russa, who is taking his 11th team to the postseason. ``We want at least to see the same effort and players trying to execute.''

Chris Carpenter will go for the Cardinals on Friday, hoping to join Florida's Dontrelle Willis as the only 22-game winners in the majors.

He's had two chances to post his 22nd win, but has allowed four runs in each of his last two starts.

Milwaukee left-hander Chris Capuano still has an outside shot to be the Brewers' first 20-game winner in 20 seasons, but he needs to win his final three starts.

He already is the club's first 17-game winner since 1992, and manager Ned Yost has said he would bring back Capuano on short rest to pitch the season finale in Pittsburgh if it was a ``meaningful game.''

The Brewers are 3-10 against St. Louis this season, their worst mark against any opponent.[/b][/quote]

That cracks me up. A meaningful game for Milwaukee???????????????? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
      RIP Stan the Man
      The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
      I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 23 2005, 08:43 AM) Quoted post

I got your back Jewboy. Don't want to interrupt your nap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

NAP?!?! 5:00am - 6:30pm work day today. What's a nap.?

Chris Carpenter
        2-0, 3.77 vs Mil in 2005
        2-1, 3.12 vs Mil lifetime
        12-0, 2.26 on the road in 2005

Chris Capuano
        2-0, 4.63 vs StL in 2005
        3-1, 4.09 vs StL lifetime
        6-5, 2.97 at home in 2005

Carpenter is 3-0, 2.91 his last 5 starts. Cards are 9-1 his last 10 starts.
        Capuano is 3-2, 4.13 his last 5 starts. Brewers are 6-4 his last 10 starts.

GO CARDS!
        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Sep 23 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

I got your back Jewboy. Don't want to interrupt your nap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Well, if you've got time to pad your posts then you should have time to do it right! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
          RIP Stan the Man
          I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 23 2005, 09:23 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Sep 23 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Well, if you've got time to pad your posts then you should have time to do it right! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
            [/b][/quote]
            Ha!

Comment

This GDT is mostly hate speech.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

post pad

Comment

Nah, I think Turd's right. Hate speech. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                  RIP Stan the Man
                  I miss TLR!

Comment

Am guessing that Yost is thinking about finishing over .500 when he's talking about a "meaningful game". The Brewers are 75-77. They haven't had a winning record since 1992.
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 23 2005, 09:57 AM) Quoted post

Am guessing that Yost is thinking about finishing over .500 when he's talking about a "meaningful game". The Brewers are 75-77. They haven't had a winning record since 1992.
                      [/b][/quote]

I guess I'm spoiled but when a "meaningful" game means you reach .500. shudder, shudder. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                      RIP Stan the Man
                      I miss TLR!

Comment

It's Milwaukee. Standards for success are pretty goddamn low.
                        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Ned Yost is a good damn manager (imo). When Toe-knee is done in St. Lou, Yost can replace him. That would be kewl. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Cardinals
                            Eckstein 6
                            Taguchi 8
                            Pujols 3
                            Sanders 7
                            Grudzielanek 4
                            Luna 9
                            Molina 2
                            Nunez 5
                            Carpenter 1

Brewers
                            Clark 8
                            Hardy 6
                            Overbay 3
                            Lee 7
                            Jenkins 9
                            Hall 5
                            Weeks 4
                            Miller 2
                            Capuano 1

Comment

QUOTE("F @ Sep 23 2005, 06:56 PM) Quoted post

Ned Yost is a good damn manager (imo). When Toe-knee is done in St. Lou, Yost can replace him. That would be kewl. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

If we don't win a world series this year I would be interested around November. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I'll be watching closely.

I'M ITF! SINCE 07/05/03 and I'm not taking this off until TLR is gone! [/b][/quote]
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X