So I downloaded OSX86......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I downloaded OSX86......

I downloaded the ISO and burned it to DVD, then I put it in my DVD drive and rebooted.
    It asked me if I wanted to install OS X!!
    I said yes, and got the little apple with the progress bar moving around it.

I thought it would ask me if I wanted to reformat my drive first, and I was gonna say no and backup all my stuff, it never asked, I got scared and turned it off....

At first I couldn't boot to Windows, but then I could.

I am gonna run out in the morning and buy a small HD and see if I can really run OSX on my AMD 4000+.

Updates to come
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

This should be pinned!!!! And we can talk NASCAR in it too.
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Multiple reports confirm that hardcore advanced PC users have been downloading illegally-distributed copies of Apple’s developer version of OS X for Intel processors. They have been hacking the system to make it install on all manner of PC processors, including those from Intel and AMD.

Jobs said: “We don’t know how having OS X available for PCs would affect Macs”, and promised, “we will have technology in OS X for Intel so that it cannot be installed in other PCs”. He also promised that the final version should not be judged on the basis of the developer versions.

But Apple’s leader isn’t pulling punches when it comes to his battle with the pirates. “Theft is bad”, he said, warning: “You don’t want to burn in Hell.”"[/b][/quote]

LOL

Comment

Yaks, did you help that guy get rid of the Backdoor.Graybird virus on his computer last week?
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 23 2005, 04:30 AM) Quoted post

I downloaded the ISO and burned it to DVD, then I put it in my DVD drive and rebooted.
          It asked me if I wanted to install OS X!!
          I said yes, and got the little apple with the progress bar moving around it.

I thought it would ask me if I wanted to reformat my drive first, and I was gonna say no and backup all my stuff, it never asked, I got scared and turned it off....

At first I couldn't boot to Windows, but then I could.

I am gonna run out in the morning and buy a small HD and see if I can really run OSX on my AMD 4000+.

Updates to come
          [/b][/quote]
          Yeah, you hafta put it on a clean drive...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

It FUCKING works

Comment

You need a processor that has SSE2 or SSE3, SSE3 being better, but SSE2 will do (that is what I have)

Kind of easy install, need a clean disk.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Great site for OSX86 info

Comment

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 25 2005, 01:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Nice! How well does it run?
                  No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                  President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                  President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

I have been peeking around in a OSX86 forum, they have a "successes" area, in that forum is a benchmark thread. My 4000+ is among the top runners, but not the top [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

It is running very well to me, there is a HUGE issue with video, you get NO acceleration unless you have a system with a Intel onboard 900 graphics accelerator, so I am running ay 1024x768 right now.

I am going to go buy a eMachine that has the Intel onboard video.

Should really kickass then

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 25 2005, 12:57 PM) Quoted post

I have been peeking around in a OSX86 forum, they have a "successes" area, in that forum is a benchmark thread. My 4000+ is among the top runners, but not the top [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

It is running very well to me, there is a HUGE issue with video, you get NO acceleration unless you have a system with a Intel onboard 900 graphics accelerator, so I am running ay 1024x768 right now.

[/b][/quote]

Umm, Yaks, do you actaully have any Mac software you want to run? If not, why are you keen to get this going? My understanding is that OS X isn't able to replace XP quite yet...

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 25 2005, 01:40 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 25 2005, 12:57 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Umm, Yaks, do you actaully have any Mac software you want to run? If not, why are you keen to get this going? My understanding is that OS X isn't able to replace XP quite yet...
                        [/b][/quote]

I have a lot of Mac software, but that isn't the point, I just wanted to do it.
                        It's just a thing.

Comment

So you stole OSX, but you've bought a new hard drive and you're going to buy a new PC.

Great deal!
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Sep 25 2005, 02:59 PM) Quoted post

So you stole OSX, but you've bought a new hard drive and you're going to buy a new PC.

Great deal!
                            [/b][/quote]

A 500 dollar eMachine is something I can always play with, from OS X to Linux, to a backup PC for when I rebuild the big daddy.

Comment

Yaks, Yaks, Yaks, =]

You remind me of one of my favorite movie quotes.

Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should[/b][/quote]
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X