I PREDICT...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I PREDICT...???

In honor of Opening Day at the 'ole ballpark, here's your chance to make your predictions on a variety of subjects - be it the Cardinals, NCAA, the Blues in their playoff push, Major League Baseball surprises, steroids, the hated Chicago Cubs, fellow loungers, politics......whatever.

Be as outrageous or profound as you wish. Go out on a limb. Or simply play your predictions close to the vest. Don't feel quite as daring but want your voice heard, say your piece, nonetheless. Be funny (like that won't already happen), serious, thought-provoking, controversial, or downright silly.

Just have fun! Let's turn this Mon-Day into Fun-Day.

The only rules...you must begin your prediction with "I PREDICT."

So, here goes --

I PREDICT:

* The Cardinals will make the playoffs.

* The Blues will make it past the second round of the playoffs.

* By the end of the season, Barry Bonds will look less like Schwarzenegger and more like Jimmy "JJ" Walker.

* Reggie Cleveland will reveal himself to be a black man in white-face.

* The Cubs will suffer another serious injury to a starter in their current 5-man rotation.
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

I predict more asinine threads will follow in the next week.

Comment

I predict I humiliate Damtoft on an hourly basis all season long.

Comment

I predict the greatest upset in American political history.

The Kev is chosen to be the Libertarian candidate for president. He trounces Bush and Kerry.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 10:10 AM
          I predict I humiliate Damtoft on an hourly basis all season long.

You guys always end up pretty even at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 5 2004, 10:11 AM
            The Kev is chosen to be the Libertarian candidate for president. He trounces Bush and Kerry.
            I've sent $50 to Nader. I'd be happy to send more to a libertarian candidate as well.

Comment

I predict that sometime in the coming week, either Stroker or Sparrow will insult a nun.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 5 2004, 10:12 AM
                I predict that sometime in the coming week, either Stroker or Sparrow will insult a nun.
                Violate is more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 5 2004, 11:12 AM
                  May I insult one?
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Apr 5 2004, 11:14 AM-->
                    QUOTE (madyaks @ Apr 5 2004, 11:14 AM)

I predict that I'll be drunk as hell at the game having to wait around for a few hours before anything that even remotely resembling a baseball game happens.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 5 2004, 10:11 AM
                      I predict Angola to invade and (in the words of Dickie V) TO WIN.
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I predict Kaiser will see the light (as in my way) and realize that Renteria is NOT lead-off hitter material.

But....I predict he will NEVER admit it out loud.
                        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I predict pgrote will complain about asinine threads.

Comment

I predict this board has six weeks to live.
                            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Working...
                              X