Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeasement Already Failing

al Qaida sends letter to Spanish Newspaper

This shows how Spain made al Qaida realize their attacks could work against them.

Spanish investigators give credence to a letter purportedly from al Qaeda and sent to the newspaper ABC threatening more bombings unless Spain withdraws troops from Iraq (news - web sites) and Afghanistan
    Some people on this board said that the Spanish election results weren't a victory for al Qaida. I think this shows it was. And also notice how they are demanding that Spain get out of Afganistan -- not just Iraq.

We all support the effort in Afganistan even if not Iraq. We CAN'T leave there. But now al Qaida thinks Spain will give in. This is why you can't try to appease them. It doesn't work.
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

See my "Appeasers Unite" Thread

Europe will be under Sharia Law by 2075.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

No appeasement to Al Qaeda.

Too bad George has us engaged in the quagmire called Iraq.

We should be extending all our efforts against the terrorist menace.

The world anti terrorism coalition effectively ended the day George decided to play judge and jury with respect to Iraq.
      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Nice summary of the current talking points.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Nostardamus said that the Muslims and the Russians would band together and try to take us out.

Comment

Uhhhh, did you guys miss the news this weekend about Spain tracking down Al-Qaeda suspects who blew themselves up rather than be captured? Or the fact that the Spaniards captured another couple of guys in the last 24 hours.

Sounds more like they are recognizing who the real enemy is, and taking measures to neutralize them.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Apr 5 2004, 09:34 AM
              Nostardamus said that the Muslims and the Russians would band together and try to take us out.
              Nostradamus also said that King Arthur would return, not in a Monty Python movie, but in the form of Prince William. And he will be the third Anti-Christ, and the destruction of the world as we know it.

Comment

Gonz,

Thanks for settling that matter.

I'd been worrying about Prince William.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 5 2004, 09:38 AM
                  Nostradamus also said that King Arthur would return, not in a Monty Python movie, but in the form of Prince William. And he will be the third Anti-Christ, and the destruction of the world as we know it.
                  Are you saying he's wrong?
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Apr 5 2004, 09:34 AM
                    Uhhhh, did you guys miss the news this weekend about Spain tracking down Al-Qaeda suspects who blew themselves up rather than be captured? Or the fact that the Spaniards captured another couple of guys in the last 24 hours.

Sounds more like they are recognizing who the real enemy is, and taking measures to neutralize them.

Moon
                    They may be hunting them down, but that letter shows that al Qaida was emboldended by the events surrounding the Spanish elections. That's the point.

hkyfan,

Criticizing the war in Iraq is not the point of this thread.

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Apr 5 2004, 09:34 AM
                      Well, now we know where Bush was getting his intelligence from.

"Hello, my name is phantom and we can only talk about what I want to talk about."

Comment

No, that's CG.

Hence, the thread yesterday.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523@Apr 5 2004, 09:49 AM
                          "Hello, my name is phantom and we can only talk about what I want to talk about."
                          Umm... I started the thread and the 2nd response changed the subject to Iraq. Someone can't debate the current subject, so they redirect the topic. And you defend that? Typical.

Does anyone still want to say that al Qaida didn't gain a victory in the election?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Apr 5 2004, 09:49 AM
                            They may be hunting them down, but that letter shows that al Qaida was emboldended by the events surrounding the Spanish elections. That's the point.
                            That letter does not show that the terrorists have been emboldened by the elections.

The letter would have been sent regardless of who won the election.

Do you really think that if the conservatives had won the election, the terrorists would say "Drat, our plan didn't work. Call off the jihad."?
                            2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Despite this letter, Spain is still planning on sending more troops to Afghanistan. This does not sound like a government who are simply laying down to terrorism to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X