No announcement yet.

Sixth Grader Suspended for SI Swimsuit Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too harsh, but it should have been taken away. It has no place in a middle school.

Comment

I doubt my 12-year-old is the only one looking at Sports Illustrated," she was quoted as saying.

This is says it all about the difficulties school administrators face today.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

There is very little common sense in public schools today.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 23 2004, 03:22 PM
          I doubt my 12-year-old is the only one looking at Sports Illustrated," she was quoted as saying.

oh c'mon...you're going to put the kid in 'alternative school' give me a break
          Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Feb 23 2004, 03:25 PM-->
            QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Feb 23 2004, 03:25 PM)

Originally posted by SLUBLUE+Feb 23 2004, 03:25 PM-->
            QUOTE(SLUBLUE @ Feb 23 2004, 03:25 PM)

The statement by the parent absolving her son responsibility or acountabliity for his actions, soley because 'others' could also be doig it, is ludicris. To refuse the punishment metted does nothing to help that child.
            In this case, the parent is not helping her son out.

Comment

Is this an example of one of those stupid zero tolerance rules?
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Feb 23 2004, 03:22 PM

While I agree that parents never want to say their childre did anything wrong.. That is BS and she has a point...

"
                Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Damn,

Hey guys forty and over, does National Geographic still show those native island women's breasts in their magazine?

Right there in the school library baby!!! Who needed Playboy?
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Little Johnny gets suspended (wha?!) for looking at hot chicks in the SI swimsuit issue, while nothing is done to Little Stevie who is out on the playground, bullying kids and being an all-around prick.

Great.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Feb 23 2004, 05:51 PM
                      Little Johnny gets suspended (wha?!) for looking at hot chicks in the SI swimsuit issue, while nothing is done to Little Stevie who is out on the playground, bullying kids and being an all-around prick.

Great.
                      Revealing something about your childhood? =]
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 23 2004, 03:34 PM
                        Is this an example of one of those stupid zero tolerance rules?
                        Turd,

I agree, this is simply outrageous.

Did the young man bring a "Playboy" or "Hustler" magazine to school?
                        Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

To the folks complaining about this - This year's swimsuit issue has pictures of women in see-through mesh tops, and grinding up against objects, naked but holding their suits (I've only seen the web photos, so I don't know exactly what's in the print version).

Is that appropriate for a six-grader to be taking to grade school?
                          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Working...
                          X