Prior Opines on Cards Pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Opines on Cards Pitching

There are three obvious reasons why the expectations are perennially high for Cubs pitching. Their names are Prior, Kerry Wood and Carlos Zambrano.

"We are in a unique situation in that when we are all healthy , we have three guys who probably can be No. 1s at any place,'' Prior said.

That's part of why Prior doesn't see a huge gap in 2006 between runaway division winner St. Louis and the Cubs. "What's the gap between us and the Cardinals?'' he said. "It's a matter of staying healthy and getting a couple of key things that change the dynamics of our team. Then we'll be off and running.''

Defense, situational hitting and the bullpen seem the main dynamics that need change.

"Fundamentally, the Cardinals play good and their defense is solid,'' Prior said. "But it's funny. Everyone talks about their pitching [No. 1 in ERA in the league]. Look at their numbers and [Chris] Carpenter is the only one. They don't have anything that's too bad, but they got middle-of-the-road, average ERAs. But they play defense, and when they need to get a guy in, they get him in. We all need to do our part and play better. Like in 2003, when we had a couple of veteran guys that made sure we did it and we put ourselves in position to win the last couple of years.''

Entire story here
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

At least the Cards "middle of the road" pitchers can stay off the DL.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

"What's the gap between us and the Cardinals?''[/b][/quote]

20.5 games, shit for brains.
      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

so I guess the Cards have been healthy all season long too? Pitching only gets you so far but if you can't have the bat meet the ball then you got something to work on

Walker
        Sanders
        Rolen
        Molina
        Gruz

and so on

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott
        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Whiny loser scrub bitch. That boy obsesses about the Cardinals.
          Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Comment

They'll have plenty of time to get healthy while watching the Cardinals this fall.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

Didn't Prior say the same thing last year too?

Comment

Hey...Kerry Wood has more Cy Young Awards* than any member of the Cardinal pitching staff!

*of course, these are simulated Cy Young Awards that he won for his outstanding pitching in the numerous simulated games in which he's pitched. His simulated ERA and WHIP are way better than anyone else's, and he has far more simulated innings under his belt in the last two years than any other pitcher in MLB, so he was a lock.
                  "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

Oh, and I almost forgot.

What's the difference between the 2006 Cardinals and the 2006 Cubs?

They'll have this guy...dividing clubhouses, wrecking arms and psyches, and mismanaging games for the tidy sum of $4 million dollars!
                    "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

QUOTE(Weird_English_Guy @ Sep 21 2005, 05:02 PM) Quoted post

Didn't Prior say the same thing last year too?
                      [/b][/quote]

He says something like this every few months.

Comment

QUOTE(Gracie @ Sep 21 2005, 05:22 PM) Quoted post

Oh, and I almost forgot.

They'll have this guy...dividing clubhouses, wrecking arms and psyches, and mismanaging games for the tidy sum of $4 million dollars!
                        [/b][/quote]

I prefer this...

Comment

Where's the pic of Prior in a Cardinals Uniform as a kid when you need it?

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 21 2005, 06:57 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Gracie @ Sep 21 2005, 05:22 PM) Quoted post

Oh, and I almost forgot.

[/b][/quote]

I prefer this...

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, that's the only difference. The scrubs and their fans never run out of excuses.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Sounds exactly what Garner had to say at the beginning of the year about us.

STFU bitter biatches! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
                              X