Moral dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral dilemma

I'd like some honest opinions here, if there are such things in this place (especially from those of the female persuasion):

A work friend of my wife's (although they've never worked together in the same office) is getting married in Ohio Oct. 29....Oct. 29 being the date for game six of some kind of series or other. I've only met this person a few times over the course of a good-employee-reward trip to Jamaica three years ago. Now, the thought of me passing up (possibly) watching the game to go to the wedding of someone I barely know, naturally, doesn't even pass the laugh test. No-brainer. Not gonna happen.

My wife, of course, thinks I'm being a selfish asshole. (Which, of course, I am, although that's been long-established and has no particular bearing on this case.) I think, knowing full well that I'm a lifelong Cardinal fan, she ought to be cutting me a little slack here and not be such a bitch about it.

What say you all? Many thanks.

You only live once.

What's more important to you?

Comment

WWALD?
      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Once again, proving my first law:

1. Don't marry a non-Cardinals fan.

Bad decision, assadopter.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

This isn't a old college friend or anything? Not really that close you're saying?
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 21 2005, 01:08 PM) Quoted post

I'd like some honest opinions here, if there are such things in this place (especially from those of the female persuasion):

A work friend of my wife's (although they've never worked together in the same office) is getting married in Ohio Oct. 29....Oct. 29 being the date for game six of some kind of series or other. I've only met this person a few times over the course of a good-employee-reward trip to Jamaica three years ago. Now, the thought of me passing up (possibly) watching the game to go to the wedding of someone I barely know, naturally, doesn't even pass the laugh test. No-brainer. Not gonna happen.

My wife, of course, thinks I'm being a selfish asshole. (Which, of course, I am, although that's been long-established and has no particular bearing on this case.) I think, knowing full well that I'm a lifelong Cardinal fan, she ought to be cutting me a little slack here and not be such a bitch about it.

What say you all? Many thanks.
            [/b][/quote]

This isn't the time to be blame-gaming.

Comment

Youre' right, but you'll have to suck it up and take the bitching.

Wild Horses couldn't drag me away from Game Six. I would hope my wife wouldn't ask, but she's a woman, too.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

She should cut you some slack. I would be saying this even if I weren't a baseball fan. I mean, even if there's no sporting event...I mean come on, it's Ohio.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 21 2005, 01:08 PM) Quoted post

What say you all? Many thanks. [/b][/quote]

Just explain your position, cry alot, call her a selfish asshole and hold out on the sechs til you get your way.

Comment

Pre-order the flowers. You'll need 'em.

Comment

Where's the wedding? Is there a TV on the premisis? You may have to invest in a small, portable tv you can keep in your jacket, make a bar run, and be gone for a while.

I had a wedding to go to last year During Game 4 of the ALCS. Fortunately, some old dude snuck a small radio in. I was the first to notice him, and within about 10 minutes there were about 30 people out there, including both the bride's and groom's fathers. I think we listened to about 5 innings.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:
                      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

omg, I am really having trouble understanding marriage lately. Why in the hell should I ever consider it.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

How long is your wife going to bitch at you when you don't go?
                          Feb. 08, 2005
                          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                          Originally posted by Airshark
                          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I was actually at a wedding during one of the games of the '87 LCS. I remember Atlee Hammaker pitching.

I basically sat at the bar the whole reception and watched the game. It wasn't much of a problem, because most of the reception was doing the same thing. Also, I was seven years old.

Comment

GOOD ANSWERS!

What's more important to you?[/b][/quote]

That's not a tough question.

This isn't a old college friend or anything? Not really that close you're saying?[/b][/quote]

Not close at all to me. A "good" friend of my wife's, although they never even worked in the same office. Not like this is her best friend or anything.

Youre' right, but you'll have to suck it up and take the bitching.[/b][/quote]

I'll make that deal. It's not like I'm telling her to stay home and watch the kids while I sit on the couch, glued to the tube. She can still go.

Just explain your position, cry alot, call her a selfish asshole and hold out on the sechs til you get your way.[/b][/quote]

See, this is where she blew it. She's been using her best weapon for 10 years. What's the worst that can happen, no sex? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                              X