I'm more anti-Yankees, anti-Red Sox now than ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm more anti-Yankees, anti-Red Sox now than ever

When the baseball league championship series start, the Fox football crews shuffle. Joe Buck goes to baseball, Dick Stockton takes Joe's place and my man Kenny Albert takes Stockton's place, giving my crew a crappy third-rate temporary fill-in. Since Fox apparently only has five games on the Oct. 23 weekend, one of our crews is going to have the weekend off. Since my crew is losing Kenny with Joe doing the World Series, they're giving my crew the weekend off.

The trade off? After my October 16 game, I'm flying directly to the LCS site that Joe and Tim McCarver are working to help out as a second BA. As you can imagine, I'm desperately hoping that this takes me to St. Louis for the NLCS but we all know if the Yankees and/or Red Sox are involved that Joe and Tim will cover the ALCS and I'll have to go there instead.

So...GO ANGELS! GO INDIANS! GO WHITE SOX! GO ATHLETICS! SEND ME TO ST. LOUIS FOR THE NLCS!

Good luck, Dev...

I hope you return to the River city.

Comment

The Angels will be fine. It's everyone else except the Cards who need to worry about them.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Dev, I know nobody wants to come back to St. Louis more than you, Tim and Joe. You'll all have a good time back home where you belong... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

tim doesn't want to come here and he's not welcome in my house.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Sep 20 2005, 09:13 PM) Quoted post

Dev, I know nobody wants to come back to St. Louis more than you, Tim and Joe. You'll all have a good time back home where you belong... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
            [/b][/quote]
            ++

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I'd love to see a Cards-Yankees World Series.
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 20 2005, 09:24 PM) Quoted post

I'd love to see the Cards throat-fuck the Yankees in the World Series.
                [/b][/quote]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Sep 20 2005, 09:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  [/b][/quote]

That too.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I'd love to see the Red Sox get nudged out of this thing with a Yankees sweep in their upcoming series.

That would be sweet for the great folks in New England. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Sep 20 2005, 08:15 PM) Quoted post

tim doesn't want to come here and he's not welcome in my house.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      ++

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Tim McCarver is a fuck-wad.
                      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                      --Suck it cubbies.
                      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 20 2005, 09:29 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Sep 20 2005, 09:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]

That too.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        Couldn't agree more. Yankees-Cardinals would be a great historical matchup, and the Cardinals would beat the shit out of their pitching. Not to mention that there's a possibility I'd go from Game 5 in St. Louis to Game 6 in New York, if it comes to that. Hope I won't get killed if by any chance it happens exactly as that and the Cardinals win in NY.
                        In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Working...
                        X