Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush's Visit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bush's Visit

    I have to put this out there in hopes of provoking thought. I have never been accused of being a George Bush fan. In an effort to avoid embarrassing my family, my community, or myself I will not react to his presence at today’s game by booing or jeering him.

    I will stand there quietly with arms folded and ask those who decry his policies to do the same. At least think before you react.
    The Redman

    Sponsorship Available
    Official Sponsor of Rafael Furcal

  • #2
    Right.

    You wouldn't want to support the President of the United States while in town.

    Fold your arms. Have at it.

    I'll bet he gets a huge ovation and your "show of protest" won't even be noticed.

    (And before I'm accused of something or other, of course he has that right "as an American." I know that and I'm all for it.)
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 5 2004, 07:26 AM
      Right.

      You wouldn't want to support the President of the United States while in town.

      Fold your arms. Have at it.

      I'll bet he gets a huge ovation and your "show of protest" won't even be noticed.

      (And before I'm accused of something or other, of course he has that right "as an American." I know that and I'm all for it.)
      Never satisfied, are you?
      Dude. Can. Fly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Me? Not satisfied? Of course I am.

        He posted. I posted.

        We agreed. What's not satisfied about that?
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

        Comment


        • #5
          Was Clinton ever booed at an event like this? I certainly hope not. There will always be roughly half of the population that doesn't care for the president, but he is the president of the United States. Booing would show a total lack of class in my opinion.
          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BurnKU@Apr 5 2004, 08:31 AM
            Was Clinton ever booed at an event like this? I certainly hope not. There will always be roughly half of the population that doesn't care for the president, but he is the president of the United States. Booing would show a total lack of class in my opinion.
            I agree 100%
            Make America Great For Once.

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope we can all agree on this.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 5 2004, 07:26 AM
                I'll bet he gets a huge ovation and your "show of protest" won't even be noticed.
                That's agreement? Sounds like taunting.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I agree that's its a nice move by him.

                  And I don't think it will be noticed when the event is viewed in its totality.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I also hope that we all can agree that whether the President is a Democrat or Republican, we should NEVR be hoping that they do a bad job.
                    Make America Great For Once.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 5 2004, 07:35 AM
                      I agree that's its a nice move by him.

                      And I don't think it will be noticed when the event is viewed in its totality.
                      I misread it then.

                      You are right in that if 30,000 cheer and the others sit in silence, you won't notice.

                      Some will boo though.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I suggest everyone just get their dicks out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 07:54 AM
                          I suggest everyone just get their dicks out.
                          An opening day tradition for me.
                          I'm always right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 07:54 AM
                            I suggest everyone just get their dicks out.
                            Wrong president. Clinton's not in office any more.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 07:54 AM
                              I suggest everyone just get their dicks out.
                              --or--

                              I'd have to put my beer down. Whipping that out requires 2 hands for me.
                              Dude. Can. Fly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X