X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chazzz
    • Feb 2004

Pointers on Selling Tickets

What's the best way to do this? I've put an ad on craigslist. I'd prefer that the person I'm selling the tickets to is not a member of law enforcement. I'd also prefer that they don't have to see me or know my name. I've already had a guy offer my posted price for a couple of tickets - plus he mentions he may be willing to pay more. Sounds fishy to me. I have a paypal account, but that's not exactly anonymous is it? Won't paypal give out my information if they are asked?

I know, I'm part of the scalping problem and I'm going to hell.

If any loungers who aren't members of local law enforcement are interested, here is my listing:

I'm not necessarily looking for the amounts I posted. If you want to make me an offer, send me a PM.
  • Prngr44
    • May 2004

Sell them on eBay along with a coffee mug, or sports card.

I think Gov. Blagoyabitch in IL legalized sale of event tickets for more than face value so if you're in IL you've got no problem.

I sold my Blues tickets that way.

Comment

• BlueBrained
      Éire go brách
      • Mar 2004

Prngr44 is correct, If you live in IL you are in the clear, you can sell them for whatever you want.

However, the coffee mug/sportscard thing can be beaten in court if they press the issue.

Sell them on eBay.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

• BringBackZezel
        El Guapo
        • Feb 2004

The trick is to price the tickets at face value but also request the buyer purchase a 1996 Ray Lankford Baseball card for $100 along with them.
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

• Glovey
          Mr Olympiad
          • Feb 2004

I wants teh tickets.

Comment

• chazzz
            • Feb 2004

I read that the courts will go by the fair market value of the extra item, so that trick really doesn't fly.

Over lunch I just got 2 more replies, one for game 2 and another for game 1. Everyone willing to pay $75 each. Looks like I should have listed them for $100.

Comment

• BlueBrained
              Éire go brách
              • Mar 2004

QUOTE(chazzz @ Sep 20 2005, 12:57 PM) Quoted post

I read that the courts will go by the fair market value of the extra item, so that trick really doesn't fly.

Over lunch I just got 2 more replies, one for game 2 and another for game 1. Everyone willing to pay $75 each. Looks like I should have listed them for $100.
              [/b][/quote]

That is correct as I stated above, the extra item trick is a farse.

Pull them off craiglist and list them on ebay.

You can sell them for whatever you want b/c you are an Illinois resident.
              Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

• chazzz
                • Feb 2004

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Sep 20 2005, 12:59 PM) Quoted post

You can sell them for whatever you want b/c you are an Illinois resident.
                [/b][/quote]

Hypothetical: What if I don't live there, but I work there? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] Can I sell them from my work address?

Comment

Working...
                X