Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards fans meet new season w/ hope, anxiousness

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Oh, this thread will have plenty of entries tomorrow morning.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Seems to me...the banner had more impact than expected...

But, I dont really care about the ramblings of a stuffy wife of our pitching coach...

Comment

All I wanna know is.....

If Cody McKay runs through his Dad's stop sign, will he be grounded?

I guess you have to hit the ball first though.

Comment

That was a sickening piece of pure PR...
          I let my hair air dry thereby getting more hair pie
          I want to fire blanks in Tyra Banks
          I like shorn quim lasses in horn-rimmed glasses
          but Cindy Crawford ...offered
          I would keep a tidy room for Heidi Klum
          I'm immersed in Kirstie Alley's thirsty valley

I want a smelly slice of Kelly Price
          Plus get with the hairy scar of Teri Garr
          I would jizz early inside Liz Hurley
          Sigourney Weaver has a thrashing horny beaver
          Winona Ryder? Going inside her!
          I want to get on the whole width of Anna Nicole Smith

Comment

Wow! Mrs. D laying the smack down on the malicious "banner demons"?

By her using Bernie's column, I guess I'd give that one a 5.5 on the "world rocking" scale - a moderate rocking, but nothing cataclysmic either.

But I'm wondering if a new name has been born? "Banner demons" has kind of a catchy ring to it...

Comment

I agree with her. Let's play ball!
              I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

"Banner dipshits" couldn't be printed.

Comment

Duncan's wife sounded kind of goofy in that email. Figures...

Oh, well. Maybe the banner will inspire Dunc and TLR to become a better pitching coach and manager, and we'll win the Central
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan_Papi@Apr 5 2004, 05:46 AM
                    Wow! Mrs. D laying the smack down on the malicious "banner demons"?

By her using Bernie's column, I guess I'd give that one a 5.5 on the "world rocking" scale - a moderate rocking, but nothing cataclysmic either.

But I'm wondering if a new name has been born? "Banner demons" has kind of a catchy ring to it...
                    I agree. Pretty mild rocking. I think her mechanics are off.
                    I'm always right.

Comment

"They want to play, play, play. The GM wants to win, win, win. The manager, the illustrious Tony La Russa, is never stopping, always looking for the edge. Tony La Russa wants to win, win, win ... and then more. It's difficult to perceive sometimes the hostility some of the Cardinal fans (may I say they remain a few) have towards Tony.

"I'm reluctant to call them Cardinal fans because ... Cardinal fans are not front-runners. Wasting money flying (anti-La Russa) banners over the ballpark (in spring training). Donate the money to charity. How ridiculous that banner was. And you know what? These on-the-field men have become inured ... it's the families who never seem quite as able to ignore maliciousness. I know I haven't. At the end of the day each of these men have families they come home to.

"And let me remind you ... trust ownership. (Cardinals chairman) Bill DeWitt Jr. grew up in a baseball family home. His father was at once an owner and a general manager. You can't grow up in a baseball environment as good as that. From ownership to the clubhouse boys ... this is a team with more burning desire to win than most any other team we've been on.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

BTW, Bernie was doing a favor to the banner-buyers by sticking that in there. And Ms. Duncan unwittingly did the same thing.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                        X