John Kerry fundraising..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kerry fundraising..

“This is the Katrina administration,” read prepared remarks posted on 2004 Democratic presidential nominee’s website, www.johnkerry.com. “Katrina is a symbol of all this administration does and doesn't do,” read Kerry’s script, portions of which were included in an e-mail to supporters that ended with a fundraising appeal.

“Michael Brown [Bush’s former emergency-management director] … is to Katrina what [former Iraq administrator] Paul Bremer is to peace in Iraq; what [former CIA Director] George Tenet is to slam-dunk intelligence; what [former Deputy Defense Secretary] Paul Wolfowitz is to parades paved with flowers in Baghdad; what [Vice President] Dick Cheney is to visionary energy policy; what [Defense Secretary] Donald Rumsfeld is to basic war planning; what [House Majority Leader] Tom Delay [R-Texas] is to ethics; and what George Bush is to ‘Mission Accomplished’ and ‘Wanted Dead or Alive.’”[/b][/quote]

Almost as classy as GOP conventioneers wearing Pruple Heart ribbons with Band-Aids on them.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(dooz @ Sep 20 2005, 07:24 AM) Quoted post

“This is the Katrina administration,” read prepared remarks posted on 2004 Democratic presidential nominee’s website, www.johnkerry.com. “Katrina is a symbol of all this administration does and doesn't do,” read Kerry’s script, portions of which were included in an e-mail to supporters that ended with a fundraising appeal.

“Michael Brown [Bush’s former emergency-management director] … is to Katrina what [former Iraq administrator] Paul Bremer is to peace in Iraq; what [former CIA Director] George Tenet is to slam-dunk intelligence; what [former Deputy Defense Secretary] Paul Wolfowitz is to parades paved with flowers in Baghdad; what [Vice President] Dick Cheney is to visionary energy policy; what [Defense Secretary] Donald Rumsfeld is to basic war planning; what [House Majority Leader] Tom Delay [R-Texas] is to ethics; and what George Bush is to ‘Mission Accomplished’ and ‘Wanted Dead or Alive.’”[/b][/quote]
      [/b][/quote]

Sounds right to me.
      Your friends list is empty

Comment

Where's the link to where he says what he and John would have done differently?

No, really. I'm interested in reading about potential solutions.
        "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

QUOTE(Gracie @ Sep 20 2005, 08:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

For which clusterfuck?
          Your friends list is empty

Comment

QUOTE(Gracie @ Sep 20 2005, 09:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            Yep, me too. I am interested in hearing what all these people would have done differently in ANY of the above situations. All we've been hearing is a lot of Bush-bashing, yet no one has offered up what they would do/or have done differently in the past.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
            Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
            Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
            Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
            NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
            LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Gracie, Lois, he's the worst president in the history of the United States.

Why do you still cling?
              Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

QUOTE(Infidel @ Sep 20 2005, 09:03 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dooz @ Sep 20 2005, 07:24 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Sounds right to me.
                [/b][/quote]

++
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Sep 20 2005, 09:41 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                  [/b][/quote]

Tell me please what you would have done in response to any of the above-mentioned on Kerry's website. I don't think Bush did anything any differently in any of those cases than any other President.

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 20 2005, 08:49 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                    [/b][/quote]

Tell me please what you would have done in response to any of the above-mentioned on Kerry's website. I don't think Bush did anything any differently in any of those cases than any other President.
                    [/b][/quote]

I would have followed the National Rsponse plan.

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 20 2005, 09:49 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                      [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      Nixon had the National Guard in Mississippi the next day after Hurricane Camille in 1969.

Comment

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Sep 20 2005, 09:52 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                        [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        In which situation? There were several listed on Kerry's site that you quoted. Also, please show me where/how Bush did not follow the National Response plan. If this is in relation to the hurrican, I believe there is something in there about coordinating efforts with the local and state governments. Since they did nothing, it was probably a bit difficult for the federal govt to do much right away until they were able to assess the situation for themselves.

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 20 2005, 08:57 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Sep 20 2005, 09:52 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          In which situation? There were several listed on Kerry's site that you quoted. Also, please show me where/how Bush did not follow the National Response plan. If this is in relation to the hurrican, I believe there is something in there about coordinating efforts with the local and state governments. Since they did nothing, it was probably a bit difficult for the federal govt to do much right away until they were able to assess the situation for themselves.
                          [/b][/quote]

How did I quote a site I haven't even visited?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway ..
                          Chertoff's hesitation and Bush's creation of a task force both appear to contradict the National Response Plan and previous presidential directives that specify what the secretary of homeland security is assigned to do without further presidential orders. The goal of the National Response Plan is to provide a streamlined framework for swiftly delivering federal assistance when a disaster - caused by terrorists or Mother Nature - is too big for local officials to handle. [/b][/quote]

Comment

QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Sep 20 2005, 09:56 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 20 2005, 09:49 AM) Quoted post

Why do you still cling?
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            Nixon had the National Guard in Mississippi the next day after Hurricane Camille in 1969.
                            [/b][/quote]

But gas is so much more expensive now....so it took longer to get there.

It's too bad we don't have anyone to blame for the gas prices.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                            X