My house moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house moved

That storm left me w/out power... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

My house moved to Kirkwood?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Yep...I have never been w/out power here..Been here for 5 years...this is a first.

I'm prolly the ONLY person here w/out it too. Thank goodness for battery backups (that of which will not be lasting too much longer!)
      Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Welcome!

Billikens.com

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
          Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Nary a blip here, but the library is closed.

Comment

go home

Comment

I'm out in O'Fallon, and that was quite a storm. Found a Weber grill about 15 feet from where I left it.
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 19 2005, 09:49 PM) Quoted post

I'm out in O'Fallon, and that was quite a storm. Found a Weber grill about 15 feet from where I left it.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  JEBUS CHRIST!

We just had a lightning strike less than a block away.

AS BRIGHT AS DAYLIGHT AND THE BOOM SHOOK THE WINDOWS.

Very fucking cool.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 19 2005, 09:50 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 19 2005, 09:49 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    JEBUS CHRIST!

We just had a lightning strike less than a block away.

AS BRIGHT AS DAYLIGHT AND THE BOOM SHOOK THE WINDOWS.

Very fucking cool.
                    [/b][/quote]

On the way home we saw one hit right in front of us, about 100 yds at the Behlman car lot at McDonnel & 270.

There was so much lighting going on and raining so hard that as it did lighting, my windshield wipers looked like there was a strobe light on them....
                    Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

I live off Mid Rivers Mall Dr and the wind blew harder here than I have ever seen in my life. The Bradford Pear in my front yard that was damaged a couple of months ago, is no more. Blew it right in half about 3 feet up from the ground. Fell on the house, but no damage to the house.

Looks like Round 2 is coming.
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Sep 19 2005, 09:53 PM) Quoted post

I live off Mid Rivers Mall Dr and the wind blew harder here than I have ever seen in my life. The Bradford Pear in my front yard that was damaged a couple of months ago, is no more. Blew it right in half about 3 feet up from the ground. Fell on the house, but no damage to the house.

[/b][/quote]

I'm glad you don't have damage. It was windy - very windy. The rain was coming down horizontally, not vertically. The lighting was amazing to watch. The kids were jumping out of the seats of the car watching it.
                        Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

[/b][/quote]I heard something at the backdoor, so being an idiot, I opened the door to take a look - door flew in and just about knocked me down. Amazing wind.
                          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 19 2005, 09:58 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]I heard something at the backdoor, so being an idiot, I opened the door to take a look - door flew in and just about knocked me down. Amazing wind.
                            [/b][/quote]

The guy with the hatchet must have been blown to your neighbors house then.
                            Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Sep 19 2005, 10:01 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 19 2005, 09:58 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The guy with the hatchet must have been blown to your neighbors house then.
                              [/b][/quote]

That's not funny.
                              That wind gust ruined my favourite axe. I called her "Spleeny".
                              "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                              "I didn't know you
                              had any feelings"

Comment

Working...
                              X