Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could live anywhere for 2 months...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could live anywhere for 2 months...

My dad is potentially about to sell his business (Dry Cleaners) of which he has owned for about 8 years. My parents want to take 1-2 months off after selling it to get away from all of the stress of life, because they've been through too much of it with the business. This would probably be during summer, so I'd be going along. My parents really want Italy, but I'm still hoping they might choose San Francisco. There's also a bit of hope they may choose New York. Anything to get outta Oklahoma, huh?

Well, where would you stay if you could live anywhere for 2 months as a vacation?

Anybody done something similar to this?
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Living overseas sounds glamourous, but it's really a different and often difficult experience.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Canada
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Sep 19 2005, 07:40 PM) Quoted post

Living overseas sounds glamourous, but it's really a different and often difficult experience.
        [/b][/quote]
        Really? And you know this...how?

Italy..the Amalfi Coast

France..Cote D'Azur

But..honestly..the best place in the world...

Surfer's Paradise, Australia. Proof there is a Heaven.

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Sep 19 2005, 07:41 PM) Quoted post

Canada
          [/b][/quote]

It is your home and native land? I dont think you have true patriot love.

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Sep 19 2005, 09:39 PM) Quoted post

My dad is potentially about to sell his business (Dry Cleaners) of which he has owned for about 8 years. My parents want to take 1-2 months off after selling it to get away from all of the stress of life, because they've been through too much of it with the business. This would probably be during summer, so I'd be going along. My parents really want Italy, but I'm still hoping they might choose San Francisco. There's also a bit of hope they may choose New York. Anything to get outta Oklahoma, huh?

Well, where would you stay if you could live anywhere for 2 months as a vacation?

[/b][/quote]

You can't go wrong with San Francisco and the Bay Area.
            Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 19 2005, 09:43 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Sep 19 2005, 07:41 PM) Quoted post

Canada
              [/b][/quote]

It is your home and native land? I dont think you have true patriot love.
              [/b][/quote]
              In all thy sons' command.

The true north strong and free!

From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!
              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I've always wanted to go to Alaska...

Comment

I lived in Eastern Europe, Indu Wanker.
                  The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Dollywood.
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Sep 19 2005, 08:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      I went there last summer and was amazed. I'd love to go back, especially for a month or two.

Indu,
                      If I could stay anywhere out of the country, I'd probably pick Australia.
                      In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Sep 19 2005, 07:45 PM) Quoted post

I lived in Eastern Europe, Indu Wanker.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        Sure you did, guy. We all believe you. No, really...I believe you.

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Sep 19 2005, 08:41 PM) Quoted post

Canada
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Is it just me or are Canadian girls gorgeous?
                          It seems like 80% of Canada chicks I've seen are smokin.
                          In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Sep 19 2005, 07:48 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(CSD @ Sep 19 2005, 08:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            I went there last summer and was amazed. I'd love to go back, especially for a month or two.

Indu,
                            If I could stay anywhere out of the country, I'd probably pick Australia.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            It's a good choice...from both a culutral and linguistic standpoint, it would be a lot easier to assimilate for 2+ months. Not to mention, some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.

San Fran..as nice as it is, it is bloddy expensive. I lived there for a number of years and if I were to return to the US, I'd live there...but, it is one (if not the most) of the most expensive cities in the US.

Comment

Galway, Ireland
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                              -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Working...
                              X