Kevin Slaten -- seriously, what's wrong with the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Slaten -- seriously, what's wrong with the guy

Just caught a segment of his show. For the record, I'm one of the those fans that root for Warner (except when he's playing St. Louis) and appreciate everything he did for the Rams. I don't understand why some people root against him or dislike him. He was the QB and MVP for the only championship this city has seen in the last 20+ years. He gave us 3 of the greatest QB years in history. He was a great guy. I don't blame him for his nutty wife.

But any rationale person knows Bulger is a better option than Warner right now AND when that decision was made.

As Burwell pointed out today, Bulger is 27-11 as a Rams starter. That's a great record. I can't imagine anymore than 2 or 3 QB's have a better record in their last 38 games. Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Warner lose his last 7 games as a Rams starter or at least 7 of 8. Why is this an argument? This is delusional. Slaten is completely embarrassing himself.

Slaten went on to say (and his partner agreed) that Warner wasn't given a fair chance and that if you put Warner on the Rams yesterday, they score 35 points.

Thoughts?

CAR-PAYYYY DIEM!!!
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

1) stop sucking warner's cock when I'm sucking warner's cock

2) he's probably right about yesterday though

Comment

Did he go to Rams Park today?

Did he ask tough questions?

Was the press conference played on KFNS?
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Sep 19 2005, 05:09 PM) Quoted post

Did he go to Rams Park today?

Did he ask tough questions?

Was the press conference played on KFNS?
          [/b][/quote]

I caught 10 minutes of the show. He said he was at McDonalds across the street from Rams park. I have no problem with the man stating his opinion (even how wrong it was) when this scenario unfolded a few years ago. He had a right to say Warner should get another chance. But to continue to back a lost argument shows how little and stubborn he is. I don't believe he actually believes what he's saying.

Again, Bulger is 27-11 as a starter. Yeah, maybe he's been a bit off to start the season but I don't expect that to last. Warner had a terrible record WITH THE SAME SUPPORTING CAST IN ST LOUIS that Bulger did to end his tenure there. Is that hard to understand?

Comment

QUOTE(tigernumbe @ Sep 19 2005, 03:07 PM) Quoted post

As Burwell pointed out today, Bulger is 27-11 as a Rams starter. That's a great record. I can't imagine anymore than 2 or 3 QB's have a better record in their last 38 games.
            [/b][/quote]
            Thanks to working the Falcons-Seahawks game this weekend, I found out the list of the top active winning percentages, heading into Sunday's games (minimum 35 starts)--1. Brady, 2. Bulger, 3. McNabb, 4. Warner, 5. Vick.

Considering Warner has won just five of his last 19 starts, it shows how impressive he was from 1999-2001 that he's still fourth among the active quarterbacks.

Comment

http://forums.stltoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=290715

Have a look at this.

Is this a repeat?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]
              The Redman

Sponsorship Available
              Official Sponsor of Rafael Furcal

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Sep 19 2005, 05:49 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(tigernumbe @ Sep 19 2005, 03:07 PM) Quoted post

As Burwell pointed out today, Bulger is 27-11 as a Rams starter. That's a great record. I can't imagine anymore than 2 or 3 QB's have a better record in their last 38 games.
                [/b][/quote]
                Thanks to working the Falcons-Seahawks game this weekend, I found out the list of the top active winning percentages, heading into Sunday's games (minimum 35 starts)--1. Brady, 2. Bulger, 3. McNabb, 4. Warner, 5. Vick.

Considering Warner has won just five of his last 19 starts, it shows how impressive he was from 1999-2001 that he's still fourth among the active quarterbacks.
                [/b][/quote]

Quite amazing.

Because he's been uniformly mediocre since then.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I listened to the show - Slaten has a lot wrong with him - but I believe he is right on about the Warner thing.

His entire point was - that you don't bench a QB after one game - no matter how bad it is.

People always bring up Bulger's record and that's not the issue - the issue is benching a MVP QB after one horrible game. Then everyone said he was done as if he could never play again effectively. Obvioulsy that's been proven wrong.
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 19 2005, 06:49 PM) Quoted post

I listened to the show - Slaten has a lot wrong with him - but I believe he is right on about the Warner thing.

His entire point was - that you don't bench a QB after one game - no matter how bad it is.

People always bring up Bulger's record and that's not the issue - the issue is benching a MVP QB after one horrible game. Then everyone said he was done as if he could never play again effectively. Obvioulsy that's been proven wrong.
                    [/b][/quote]

With all due respect, Warner was like 1-7 the previous year. Maybe he pulled Warner to quickly, I don't know. But I have to ask you if you honestly think Warner gave the team a better chance to win than Bulger. I really don't know how anyone could think that. I really like Kurt Warner so I have no bias against the guy.

Comment

QUOTE(tigernumbe @ Sep 19 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

With all due respect, Warner was like 1-7 the previous year. Maybe he pulled Warner to quickly, I don't know. But I have to ask you if you honestly think Warner gave the team a better chance to win than Bulger. I really don't know how anyone could think that. I really like Kurt Warner so I have no bias against the guy.
                      [/b][/quote]

Didn't he also alienate the team with the way he handled the concussion he received in that game? I think I remember that more went into Warner's benching than one bad outing.
                      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(tigernumbe @ Sep 19 2005, 07:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

With all due respect, Warner was like 1-7 the previous year. Maybe he pulled Warner to quickly, I don't know. But I have to ask you if you honestly think Warner gave the team a better chance to win than Bulger. I really don't know how anyone could think that. I really like Kurt Warner so I have no bias against the guy. [/b][/quote]

I think that Warner would have given them a better chance to win than Bulger and always have. He throws a better deep ball - Bulger did more to kill Marshall's catching the ball out of the back field because the deep threat is just not there. Marshall either has to stay in and block or - he gets pressed at the line because of Bulger's inaccuracy as a deep passer.

This is all Warner vs Bulger 101 - on this I stand on the Warner side - really no need to hash out the arguments. You either believe one or the other - either Warner got a raw deal or that Warner didn't deserve to start and Bulger did.

I like Bulger as our QB - hell he's very good. I will still take Warner.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 19 2005, 08:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

With all due respect, Warner was like 1-7 the previous year. Maybe he pulled Warner to quickly, I don't know. But I have to ask you if you honestly think Warner gave the team a better chance to win than Bulger. I really don't know how anyone could think that. I really like Kurt Warner so I have no bias against the guy. [/b][/quote]

I think that Warner would have given them a better chance to win than Bulger and always have. He throws a better deep ball - Bulger did more to kill Marshall's catching the ball out of the back field because the deep threat is just not there. Marshall either has to stay in and block or - he gets pressed at the line because of Bulger's inaccuracy as a deep passer.

This is all Warner vs Bulger 101 - on this I stand on the Warner side - really no need to hash out the arguments. You either believe one or the other - either Warner got a raw deal or that Warner didn't deserve to start and Bulger did.

[/b][/quote]

One of Warner's biggest problems is that he can no longer throw a good deep ball.
                          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 19 2005, 07:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Don't forget that Martz set Kurt up for his own demise by NOT addressing the RT position, and by NOT letting Barron learn on the job, Bulger is in trouble, although Saipaia did pretty good yesterday, albeit against the Cardinals.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Sep 19 2005, 07:26 PM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 19 2005, 08:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

One of Warner's biggest problems is that he can no longer throw a good deep ball. [/b][/quote]

You know - I may have picked up on that -
                              I will make a bet -that Warner has more passes over 30 yards this year than Bulger - any takers.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X