X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart "city within a city" May Happen

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/05/national/05WALM.html

I live in the Chicago burbs, so this shit might happen in my area soon. :(
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Good for Wal-Mart.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Remember Pullman? Companies have tried to do their own zoning throughout American history.

Look, I'm all for unions. Especially with the proliferation of contract work in today's economy, I think unions need to be made stronger. But the idea that partnering with the Nation of Islam(huh?!) is a sound strategy to save dying jobs is misguided.

What with the new electronic checkers, a lot of supermarket jobs will be obsolete in five years, anyway. What's more, if you've ever been to a Wal-Mart grocery store, you know that they offer the goods cheaper than the chains, and obviously it's a lot more crowded.

The City should concentrate on job-assistance programs, not stopping Wal-Mart...
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Silly Inglewood, trying to protect wages and standards of living in their community.

Comment

This concept is a lot like the Starbucks within a Starbucks.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 4 2004, 11:44 PM
            This concept is a lot like the Starbucks within a Starbucks.
            if they had mirrored walls inside both starbuckses, would it seem like you were in a land of infinate starbuckses...? (or is the plural "starbuxen"..?)
            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
            -mike
            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Apr 4 2004, 11:49 PM-->
              QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Apr 4 2004, 11:49 PM)

this measure was voted down.

han solo

Comment

I've always liked Lando more than I've liked Han.

Comment

• Working...
                  X