Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went in for an oil change and got screwed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went in for an oil change and got screwed!

Figured I'd head out this morning and get the old oil changed on the Huegstermobile. There's a place down the street that charges $19.99 betweeen 7 and 10 am. They called me out there and I definitely needed a new serpentine belt, tensioner springs for the belt and a water pump. $232 dollars later...... at least I got that taken care of before winter. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I hate cars. I wanna get a horse but I'd have to leave for work when I got up and I wouldn't get home until it was time to go to bed. I wouldn't have to worry about $2.50-$3.00 a gal. for gas. I wish I was retired. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Just saying.
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

They must've thought you looked like a sucker. I guess they were right.

Comment

Let me guess: American made car?
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 19 2005, 10:24 AM) Quoted post

Figured I'd head out this morning and get the old oil changed on the Huegstermobile.[/b][/quote]

RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

You should have mentioned your affair with a local psuedo celeb

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

Let me guess: American made car?
              [/b][/quote]

Don't tell Yaks but it might be my last.
              [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I DID SAY "MIGHT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              RIP Stan the Man
              I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Sep 19 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

You should have mentioned your affair with a local psuedo celeb

[/b][/quote]

SteveI ???????
                [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                RIP Stan the Man
                I miss TLR!

Comment

The jhuegy horse. Something tells me that horse would have back trouble.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Sep 19 2005, 10:39 AM) Quoted post

The jhuegy horse. Something tells me that horse would have back trouble.
                    [/b][/quote]

Nah. I'd have a clydesdale. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    I miss TLR!

Comment

Poor huegy.... I think you got taken in. That's how those places make their money by convincing you that you need all sort of extra things. I'm betting I know which place you went to for their Early Bird special too. They try that on me all the time because I'm a girl. Once time they told me I needed a new air filter and I knew they were lying because I had changed it myself the week before. I asked them to pull it and let me take a look at it and the thing barely had any dust on it.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 19 2005, 10:46 AM) Quoted post

Poor huegy.... I think you got taken in. That's how those places make their money by convincing you that you need all sort of extra things. I'm betting I know which place you went to for their Early Bird special too. They try that on me all the time because I'm a girl. Once time they told me I needed a new air filter and I knew they were lying because I had changed it myself the week before. I asked them to pull it and let me take a look at it and the thing barely had any dust on it.
                        [/b][/quote]

Not really, I told them I was having trouble with my power steering and when I opened the hood I saw that I definitely needed a serpentine belt. It was all chewed up. There was evidence of leaking from the water pump too. I'm one of those guys that doesn't let anyone talk me into that crap especially those "new" cabin filters. What a joke those are. The car has 155,000 miles on it and it was definitely due.
                        RIP Stan the Man
                        I miss TLR!

Comment

At least you know there was plenty of lube around for your screwing.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:
                          Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                          The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                          Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 19 2005, 10:52 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 19 2005, 10:46 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Not really, I told them I was having trouble with my power steering and when I opened the hood I saw that I definitely needed a serpentine belt. It was all chewed up. There was evidence of leaking from the water pump too. I'm one of those guys that doesn't let anyone talk me into that crap especially those "new" cabin filters. What a joke those are. The car has 155,000 miles on it and it was definitely due.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            OK good. I'm glad you didn't get "taken". They always try that on me at those places because I think they think they can get away with that with women. I'm just lucky that my Dad taught me just enough about cars that I can tell when there's something wrong or not.

That stinks about having to dump so much money into your car though. If it makes you feel any better, I had to dump more than that into my car due to the brakes and power steering pump. I had been amiss about taking it in for service over the last year or so and needed new pads and rotors on both the front and back. That'll teach me to stick to my maintenance schedule. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                            Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                            Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                            NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                            LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 19 2005, 10:55 AM) Quoted post

At least you know there was plenty of lube around for your screwing.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              It took too long for someone to say this. I'm disappointed in all of you.
                              The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X