Biting the Hand that Feeds You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biting the Hand that Feeds You

Maybe since I've been away a day or two, maybe he's [Vice Admiral Allen] the new crowned federal mayor of New Orleans"[/b][/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169751,00.html
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Do they have someone lined up to give all these people who are returning early their tetanus shots and breathing masks they will need before they would be safe to go into a previously flooded area? Nagin is being very irresponsible if he is allowing people to go back into flooded areas without the proper medical support and precautions as to the dangerous conditions.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

GW now chimes in:

President Bush on Monday questioned the plan to allow residents to return to New Orleans, saying there are too many concerns about additional flooding and safety in the city.

"The city needs to re-emerge," the president said after a meeting of his Homeland Security Council. "It's a matter of timing."

Bush spoke as residents began trickling back into the city Monday morning as part of a reopening plan by Mayor Ray Nagin one ZIP code at a time.

Over the next week, the Uptown neighborhood, the Garden District and the historic French Quarter are also set to reopen to residents and businesses at Nagin's invitation, bringing a total about one-third of New Orleans' half-million inhabitants back.

Bush said there is "deep concern" about the possibility that Tropical Storm Rita, which was headed toward the Florida Keys on Monday, could drop more rain on New Orleans and breach the city's levees again.

"We have made our position loud and clear," Bush said. "The mayor is working hard. The mayor has got this dream about having his city up and running. We share that dream but we also want to be realistic about some of the hurdles and obstacles." [/b][/quote]

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/D8CNCU781.html

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

The source for the original quote is Foxnews.

When you have a credible source, let us know.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 10:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I saw him say it on television too.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 11:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

But they are Fair and Balanced
            No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
            President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
            President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

After posting links to foxnews, your own credibility is in question as well.
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Here is another reference from ABC. Is that a good enough source?

Mayor Ray Nagin defended his decision to let people back in, and suggested that the federal official in charge in New Orleans, Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen, had made himself "the new crowned federal mayor of New Orleans." [/b][/quote]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1139269

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 10:31 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

My credibility is always in question -- but that doesn't make the quote inaccurate.
                  [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 08:32 AM) Quoted post

Mayor Ray Nagin defended his decision to let people back in, and suggested that the federal official in charge in New Orleans, Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen, had made himself "the new crowned federal mayor of New Orleans." [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                    The source for the original quote is ABC.

Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

The Feds aren't the hand feeding Nagin. The good voters of the city of New Orleans are the ones Nagin is playing to.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Sep 19 2005, 10:33 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 08:32 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        The source for the original quote is ABC.

[/b][/quote]

++

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 10:31 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          There's nothing wrong with FoxNews. CNN on the other hand.....

Here's the link to the story on CNN.com. As usual, they provide their own slant to the story.

CNN Story
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Sep 19 2005, 10:33 AM) Quoted post

The Feds aren't the hand feeding Nagin. The good voters of the city of New Orleans are the ones Nagin is playing to.

Moon
                            [/b][/quote]

I have a feeling that they will remember his "you are on your own" mantra come election time.

Comment

"Biting the Hand that Feeds You After Letting You Starve for Four Days"
                              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X