• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** The West Wing ***

The Ticket (episode #133)

Writer: Debora Cahn
    Director: Christopher Misiano
    Guest Stars: Diana-Maria Riva (Edie Ortega) , Matthew Del Negro (Bram)

The 7th Season premiere focuses on Santos's decision to have Leo as his Vice President and Bartlet's investigation into the dangerous press leak. Also C.J. gets interviewed by Babish and Donna approaches Josh for a job.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

For the Anti West Wing republican who thinks the West Wing is too Liberal...

I hear time and time again that this show comes from a very liberal point of view, and it may have started out that way considering its creator. But I don't think it's true any more. Not only did the writers (post-Sorkin) show the conservative side by introducing strong Republican characters, but the entire foreign policy of the Bartlett administration is very neo-conservative. Toby's "they'll like us when we win" speech is at the core of our current foreign policy to deal with threats before they occur. Give it a chance, it may be more balanced that you realized.[/b][/quote]

Comment

Toby's "they'll like us when we win" speech is at the core of our current foreign policy to deal with threats before they occur[/b][/quote]

That was a great dialogue exchange.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Yaks,

When is the season premier?

Thanks
        "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 10:39 AM) Quoted post

Yaks,

When is the season premier?

Thanks
          [/b][/quote]

Sunday 9/25...

Comment

So the show in on Sundays now?

WTF?
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 19 2005, 10:45 AM) Quoted post

So the show in on Sundays now?

WTF?
              [/b][/quote]

Yep, Sunday.

I think "E Ring" has taken its place...

Comment

I watched the last two shows from last year the last two Sundays, I cannot wait.

I have been reading the spoiler boards, seems like some of the stuff that is gonna happen I will not like, but an old friend is gonna come back for a few shows and that is gonna KICK ASS.

Comment

Does anyone see a possibility of the republican candidate winning? If so, that would mean all new characters. That has worked for Law & Order over the years, but not all at one time.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:16 PM) Quoted post

Does anyone see a possibility of the republican candidate winning? If so, that would mean all new characters. That has worked for Law & Order over the years, but not all at one time.
                    [/b][/quote]

I don't think so.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 19 2005, 01:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I don't think so.
                      [/b][/quote]

Has that new west wing wannabe with a female president aired yet? If so, have you seen it? Was it good?

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:19 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 19 2005, 01:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I don't think so.
                        [/b][/quote]

Has that new west wing wannabe with a female president aired yet? If so, have you seen it? Was it good?
                        [/b][/quote]

I have not seen it, I hate to start watching anything new, I might get hooked, and then there is something else I have to watch at 4am when I get home from work.

I am actually happy about the Sunday night move just for that reason.

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Sep 19 2005, 01:19 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, and how exactly does the horse-tooth archer get to be President? Is it some sort of wierd circumstance like in King Ralph?

MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

On a side note, The Shield doesn't restart untill 2006?!

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 19 2005, 01:24 PM) Quoted post

On a side note, The Shield doesn't restart untill 2006?!
                              [/b][/quote]

3 1/2 months from now....

Comment

Working...
                              X