Tirico & Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tirico & Sharpe

These guys aren't too bad, and a helluva lot better than any FOX crew besides Aikman & Buck, or Stockton & Johnston.

Comments?

Not bad.

As for FOX, I like Sam Rosen, but that lummox Bill Maas drags him down.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

the ESPN Broadcast hasn't been bad at all. I really can't stand many of Fox's lower level guys. Kevin Harlan for CBS is great to me. That guy gets pumped on every play.

Comment

Kevin Harlan is great. I do like Sam Rosen too.

Why did Jim Nantz swap with Greg Gumbell the studio for the road?

They're both good at PBP. Nantz RUINS the Masters though!

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Sep 18 2005, 07:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          ++ on Kevin Harlan. I loved that dude when he did Chiefs radio.

Tirico and Sharpe have been pretty damn good.

If anyone ever listens to a Chiefs game on the radio (with the Chiefs announcers) then you know that Mitch Holthus and Len Dawson do one helluva job. They are my Jack Buck and Mike Shannon of NFL radio announcers. Those two are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
          --Suck it cubbies.
          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE("F @ Sep 18 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If anyone ever listens to a Chiefs game on the radio (with the Chiefs announcers) then you know that Mitch Holthus and Len Dawson do one helluva job. They are my Jack Buck and Mike Shannon of NFL radio announcers. Those two are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.
            [/b][/quote]
            Great call, F, on Holthus and Dawson.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

What about the Fox crew of Albert, Baldinger, and Devaskar?
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 18 2005, 08:38 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I only knew Dev was working with Fox...I didn't know with whom.

Baldinger is OK, not too fond of Kenny, sounds too much like Marv, and there can only be one Marv...YESSS!

I only like Marv doing NBA.... As for DEV, I'm sure his work is great or he wouldn't have gotten promoted.

Comment

So is Sharpe off the NFL Network and back with ESPN full time now? I never watch the studio shows anymore.

I thought Tim Ryan was good on the Rams game today. I heard him do the Saints game last week. He did a good job there too. He knows the rules and applies them correctly during the game. A lot of the low end color hacks butcher that aspect of their job.

Comment

QUOTE(slow groove @ Sep 18 2005, 07:37 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE("F @ Sep 18 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                    Great call, F, on Holthus and Dawson.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Those guys are great. They'll criticize players when they see fit and they'll compliment the other team when they do something good. The best part is that they get fuckin' pumped when their Chiefs do good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

When I listen to my "home teams" I prefer the radio on and the TV muted for every team except the Rams. I don't have to explain why. I love Mike Kelly and John Kadlec. They're a very good tandem (imo) for MU football.

Kelly is great in basketball games too. I can't stand Gary Link (sp?) though. He annoys the shit out of me. Or maybe it's the type of basketball that he describes that pisses me off. It doesn't really matter this year though. I don't think I'm going to watch too many games. I just can't put myself through another year of "Snyder-Ball". Life is too short to sit through that agonizing, draining, monotonous, undisciplined, depressing, unproductive, same-old same-old shit ball. I'm done with "Q". Unless he wins the Big XII this year. Or even has them in the top 4. Or top 6. Or top 8.

I don't see them being very good. We shall see. Maybe Quin learned how to coach over the summer.

And anytime you get to listen to Mike Shannon it's about one of the most enjoyable of experiences. Even Wayne Hagin can't ruin it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Word.
                    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                    --Suck it cubbies.
                    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Mike Tirico adds nothing to a broadcast.

They should keep him on golf.
                      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Sep 18 2005, 06:48 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 18 2005, 08:38 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I only knew Dev was working with Fox...I didn't know with whom.

Baldinger is OK, not too fond of Kenny, sounds too much like Marv, and there can only be one Marv...YESSS!

I only like Marv doing NBA.... As for DEV, I'm sure his work is great or he wouldn't have gotten promoted.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        Kenny and Baldy could be the two worst announcers for all I care...but as long as they're nice guys and low maintenance, I'm happy. And both of them are just that so how good they are in the booth is irrelevant to me. Kenny is ridiculously well prepared though and he's like me in that he has a memory for sports facts and stats, a good trait to have in this line of work.

And thank goodness I don't have to work with Stockton, who is a complete piece of work from what his BAs tell me.

Today's game in Seattle was a complete disaster. The broadcast was lousy. We're lucky the game went the way it did or more viewers may have noticed. The only sort of memorable thing about it was that Kenny had time to read the credits this week and mentioned me as the BA and within 10 minutes of that, my phone rang approximately 392 times with people calling to tell me they had heard my name mentioned on the air. Seriously, I had 11 messages within eight minutes of each other, all pretty much saying the same thing. One was from a guy I hadn't even talked to in like two years.

As for Sterling Sharpe, he's not a full-time ESPN guy anymore. They're just borrowing him for those weekends that they're airing two games. With Patrick/Theismann/MaGuire doing the Saints-Giants game tomorrow, they brought in Sharpe to work with Tirico on this one. They'll be doing two games for ESPN on Saturdays in December also.

Comment

FWIW, my favorite NFL play by player is still Dick Enberg. I used to love when he and Merlin Olsen teamed up.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                          X