• Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned about Carp?

Get it?

Carp. ---> Fishy.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Thank you, I'm here all week.

[cricket sounds]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] Any-hoo, just wondering how the huddled masses are feeling about his second straight 4 run allowed performance.

Thoughts?
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

He'll be ready when it counts.

Comment

No.

He couldn't keep up with that pace forever.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Panic!!!
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 18 2005, 06:33 PM) Quoted post

Panic!!!
          [/b][/quote]

I blame Tony! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Meaningless game, should've let Reyes start... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, the humanity.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 18 2005, 06:33 PM) Quoted post

Wow, you panic easy.
              [/b][/quote]
              Kah, why do you consistenly characterize a simple thought-provoking question as "panic," or "worry?"

Please let the record show that I am neither. However,we do know that others here have voiced concern in the past, and those that haven't may have established new-found concern given Carp's last 2 starts.

Settle down, amigo. Simply asking a question for general discussion, my man.
              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Comment

Well, it was exactly one year ago today that he made his last start of the 2004 season...

Comment

Carpenter will be fine.

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 18 2005, 06:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      I'm suddenly hungry for ice "scream."

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 18 2005, 06:39 PM) Quoted post

Carpenter will be fine.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      We're in full and total agreement.

Any dissenting view?

Comment

I would not be opposed to giving Reyes and/or Wainwright a spot start. Give everybody else an extra day or two of rest, and perhaps skip a Morris start completely.

Comment

I believe his inning load has been excessive.

Big surprise.
                          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Sep 18 2005, 06:44 PM) Quoted post

I believe his inning load has been excessive.

Big surprise.
                            [/b][/quote]

Yeah John, that is indeed a surprise coming from you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think Carp will be just fine.
                            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

It is wat it is.

There is nothing you can do either way, is there?

He will be the number 1 guy in the playoffs, you have to ride the horse who got you here.
                              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X