No announcement yet.

Hydrogen add on for car increases MPG and lowers emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be great if it works and it sounds like it does. The price tag, $7500,might be a little steep for your average every driver. This might be something that truckers and shipping companies should look into though. Cheaper transportation costs will push retail and grocery prices back down for us consumers too.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

The price tag, $7500,might be a little steep for your average every driver.[/b][/quote]

Tax incentives.
      But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

Comment

QUOTE(dooz @ Sep 18 2005, 02:05 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          aww c'mon, live a little

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

7,500 would be nothing for some trucker going cross country every week.

For zero pollution you should get a 100% tax break.
            And make them transferable from one car to another so you don't have to get a new one when you trade in.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Especially if it's someone else's $7500
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

when they make one for the normal car, count me in.

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Sep 18 2005, 04:37 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  It can be attached to any kind of internal combustion engine: diesel, gasoline, propane/natural gas.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 18 2005, 04:45 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(jhanke @ Sep 18 2005, 04:37 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    It can be attached to any kind of internal combustion engine: diesel, gasoline, propane/natural gas.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    way i read it, it would be available for big engines first, regualr ones later

Comment

Says it reduces fuel consumption by up to 40%

So if we shoot high, let's say that we get 40% more mpg, right?

If my car averages 20mpg now, that means it'll shoot up to 28mpg on the high estimate. So...if I drive an average of 15k miles per year, without his machine I spend ~$2100 on gas per year (20mpg/15000 miles = 750 gal/year @ $2.79/gal). With the machine I spend ~$1500(28mpg/15000 miles = 536 gal/year @ $2.79/gal). So....$600/year savings. Not bad. but it would still take me a little under 13 years to recoup my initial investment of $7500. And the article said life expectancy on the machine is 10 years.

Sounds nice....but still doesn't make sense for the avg joe just yet.

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Sep 18 2005, 08:09 PM) Quoted post

Says it reduces fuel consumption by up to 40%

So if we shoot high, let's say that we get 40% more mpg, right?

If my car averages 20mpg now, that means it'll shoot up to 28mpg on the high estimate. So...if I drive an average of 15k miles per year, without his machine I spend ~$2100 on gas per year (20mpg/15000 miles = 750 gal/year @ $2.79/gal). With the machine I spend ~$1500(28mpg/15000 miles = 536 gal/year @ $2.79/gal). So....$600/year savings. Not bad. but it would still take me a little under 13 years to recoup my initial investment of $7500. And the article said life expectancy on the machine is 10 years.

Sounds nice....but still doesn't make sense for the avg joe just yet.
                        [/b][/quote]

That's why the guy is marketing it to Trucking Companies,etc.; where the math makes sense, PLUS, there are greenhouse Credits that could be worth mucho deniro, in addition to the bottom line for a Corporation.

The prototype beign built for automobiles will be quite smaller, and hopefully, so will the pricepoint.

Reading other reports on this company, they had to pull their first unit due to reliability.

Comment

Working...
                        X