What a somber pic in today's PD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a somber pic in today's PD.

If someone can find a link for it, please post it.

It shows Darryl Kile warming up in front of the Busch Stadium video screen paying tribute to the recent passing of Jack Buck.
    Make America Great For Once.

I'm not in the Loo and don't have the post but I think I know the pic you describe.

DK was throwing that Thursday afternoon, the day of Buck's funeral after he'd won the Tuesday night game, the night Jack died. Buck on the scorboard and the hearse on the warning track were both in the background. Is that the pic?

I saved it on a hard drive, but I found it a little creepy after DK died. I was tempted to delete it but I think I still have it around somewhere.
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

That's the one.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

what article was it for?

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Sep 18 2005, 10:07 AM) Quoted post

what article was it for?
          [/b][/quote]

It's on the back page of the sports section. They've been running that all year. It's like a poster. It's celebrating 40 years of Busch stadium.
          RIP Stan the Man
          The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
          I miss TLR!

Comment

I still have the original newspaper clipping in a collage of that terrible week.

I can't scan it in as its glued down but I took a picture. Couldn't find it on the internet either.

part of:

Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
            Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
            There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
            "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
            "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

I couldn't find that pic on any of my harddrives. I don't think I deleted it but it probably didn't survive one or another upgrade or reformat in the last 3 years.

I don't think I'd seen it since then until now, but it was burned into my memory.

I had saved it on that Saturday morning, before I went to Little League practice. When I got home, I opened up MLB game audio, because the game wasn't being carried on DTV or WGN. There was a delay and Mike Shannon couldn't contain his emotions. His every word seemed to carry a monumental effort at holding back the tears. Something was obviously very, very wrong ...
              Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Working...
              X