3] LSU 73, 1-0, was idle.
    4] Virginia Tech 64, 3-0, beat Ohio 45-0
    5] Georgia 50, 3-0, beat Louisiana-Monroe 44-7
    6] Florida 48, 3-0, beat Tennessee 16-7
    7] Notre Dame 29, 2-1, lost to Michigan State 44-41 OT
    8] Ohio State 24, 2-1, beat San Diego State 27-6
    9] Tennessee 23, 1-1, lost to Florida 16-7
    10] California 18, 3-0, beat Illinios 35-20

Others receiving points: Louisville 8; Arizona State 6; Florida State 5; Purdue 2; Minnesota 1

Deadline for votes is Tuesday at Noon CDT. I may be a post whore and update on occasion.

#1: USC
    #2: Texas
    #3: LSU
    #4: VaTech
    #5: Georgia
    #6: Florida
    #7: Ohio St
    #8: Florida St.
    #9: California
    #10: Louisville
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Southern Cal
      Texas
      Virginia Tech
      Georgia
      Florida
      LSU
      California
      Louisville
      Ohio State
      Tennessee

Comment

Louisville looks like a real deal.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 18 2005, 08:59 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The problem is other than West Virginia I don't think they play anyone that has a "name" that will attract attention...

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 18 2005, 09:36 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The problem is other than West Virginia I don't think they play anyone that has a "name" that will attract attention...
            [/b][/quote]

They do play UNC and Pitt, too...not sure if those are considered "names" or not (especially Pitt - a 7-6 loss to the Cornhuskers? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Poor Dev...).

However, now that strength of schedule is gone, if they go undefeated, can they make the argument they deserve a shot at the title? (Theoretically, yes...logically, no...my opinion, anyway)...
            " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 18 2005, 10:50 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 18 2005, 09:36 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

They do play UNC and Pitt, too...not sure if those are considered "names" or not (especially Pitt - a 7-6 loss to the Cornhuskers? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Poor Dev...).

However, now that strength of schedule is gone, if they go undefeated, can they make the argument they deserve a shot at the title? (Theoretically, yes...logically, no...my opinion, anyway)...
              [/b][/quote]

I missed UNC when I scanned their schedule...I saw Pitt and didn't care. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, and thanks for the cheapshot on my Cornhuskers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

1) USC
                2) Texas
                3) Va Tech
                4) LSU
                5) Florida
                6) OSU
                7) Georgia
                8) Louisville
                9) Purdue
                10) Florida State

11) Arizona State
                12) Michigan State
                13) Cal
                14) Michigan
                15) Notre Dame

Comment

1. USC - the distance between them and #2 may be a mile.
                  2. Texas - doing what it needs to do to hold this position.
                  3. Va. Tech - Flying under the radar right now, but Marcus Vick continues to grow.
                  4. LSU - Tennessee stands no chance on Saturday night in Baton Rouge.
                  5. Ohio State - not horribly impressed with victory yesterday, but letdown was inevitable.
                  6. Arizona State - they could play a good game and still lose to USC by 20
                  7. Georgia - business-like win, but S. Carolina loss yesterday doesn't flatter Dawgs
                  8. Florida - Tennessee isn't that good.
                  9. Florida State - may have found an offensive identity last night.
                  10. Minnesota - another team flying under the radar
                  June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Just posting so I know how far down I've scored...

Comment

1. USC
                      2. Texas
                      3. LSU
                      4. Virginia Tech
                      5. Florida
                      6. Ohio State
                      7. Georgia
                      8. California
                      9. Notre Dame
                      10. Florida State

1. USC
                      2. Texas
                      3. LSU
                      4. Virginia Tech
                      5. Florida
                      6. Ohio State
                      7. Georgia
                      8. California
                      9. Notre Dame
                      10. Florida State

Comment

Bump for the morning crowd.

Comment

1) USC
                          2) Texas
                          3) LSU
                          4) Florida
                          5) Georgia
                          6) VT
                          7) Ohio State
                          8) Florida State
                          9) Purdue
                          10) California

EDITED: Swapped Georgia and VT

I can't vote for Louisville, I look at their schedule and it makes me want to puke.

Ohio State kind of had a "blah" week (I was at the game and I was pretty much aggravated the entire time), the defense was stellar as usual, but with that said, this defensive line may not be able to stand up to the week to week grind that is the Big 10, they played OK against SDSU, but didn't get the pressure I would've expected. Playing OK against SDSU is like playing poorly against most of the teams in the Big 10. I noticed that Texas man handled the Ohio State D-line 2 weekends ago, but after watching them against SDSU, I am SURE this is the weak spot on the Buckeyes.

Edit: I don't think it would be a bad idea for Bobby Carpenter to start playing mostly DE, he has lined up there for about 20% of the plays this season, and during those plays, he has 2 sacks...I think he adds an element that could really help the other 3 on the D-Line.

Ted Ginn has a long way to go. His shitty route running (or the fact that he simply misread and ran the wrong route, maybe?) was the cause of 1 Troy Smith interception, and it almost caused another. He also dropped 2 passes again on Saturday. I'm starting to sour on him real quickly. I think he'll establish himself as a good WR and a great playmaker before he moves on to the NFL, but at this point in time, I'd move Roy Hall up on the depth chart, drop Ginn down and use him for the gimmick plays and when they wanna throw the deep ball.

Troy Smith wasn't very sharp, but he wasn't bad. I expect to see him elevate his game against Iowa this week.

After the Texas game, going into the SDSU game, I was pretty optimistic about the Buckeyes ability in the Big 10 schedule, but after watching them against SDSU, I'm not quite as optimistic. They have all the talent to run through the Big 10 schedule and put themselves back into the Rose Bowl hunt...but, I'm not sure they'll actually do it...a game will come along where someones lack of focus or preparation will cause the Buckeyes to lose. This Buckeye team seems less prepared and more sloppy then past teams. I'm not sure if its the attempt to go to a spead offense and things being out of sync or what, but through the first 3 games, the entire offense, with the exception of Santonio Holmes and Antonio Pittman (when he has been healthy) haven't lived up to expectations.
                          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Nate,
                            I watched the game from tape yesterday and I noticed a few things:

1) The Buckeyes never blitzed
                            2) Not once did they attempt to throw deep
                            3) The game was nowhere near as "close" as the score indicated.
                            4) The playcalling made me want to puke
                            5) Our return game is freaking phenominal

While I really think Tressel should give up calling the plays and hire an OC, I really believe that he purposely isn't showing much to the Big 10. I haven't really seen many of the formations that I saw last year (when Ginn lined up offset the QB). There have only been a couple of times all season where the Bucks threw more than 20 yards downfield. I don't think the Big 10 has any idea what to prepare for.

I think we will see a more open playbook starting this week.

If you had told me before the season that 3 games in Ginn would have only 1 TD, and be virtually non-existant in the offense, I would have laughed my ass off. I don't know what is up with this guy, but let's be honest, Smith hasn't exactly thrown the ball to him on the numbers. I would like to see him play 2 ways like Gamble and Woodson. He played CB in high school.

I know how to end the QB controversy, play Boeckman. Seriously. This guy is supposed to be better than Smith and Zwick, but that isn't saying much. Smith is going to need to get really good really quick.

I lost count how many consecutive times SDSU went 3 and out. They really did play atrotious, and I credit the Buckeyes D. Outside of the first play from scrimmage, I believe they had less than 100 yds the rest of the game. Schnittker should not have fumbled on the 1 yard line, and OSU could have scored the final drive if they wanted to. The score could have been a lot worse if they wanted it to be. Tressel doesn't play that way, and I don't understand why Vegas keeps putting these astronomical spreads on the Buckeyes games.

It wasn't as pretty as it could have been, but they did beat a bad team using a few set formations and basic routes. It was classic Tressel ball: Patience, Position, Punt, and Puke

Comment

QUOTE(sherwood koho @ Sep 19 2005, 07:52 AM) Quoted post

Nate,
                              I watched the game from tape yesterday and I noticed a few things:

1) The Buckeyes never blitzed
                              2) Not once did they attempt to throw deep
                              3) The game was nowhere near as "close" as the score indicated.
                              4) The playcalling made me want to puke
                              5) Our return game is freaking phenominal

While I really think Tressel should give up calling the plays and hire an OC, I really believe that he purposely isn't showing much to the Big 10. I haven't really seen many of the formations that I saw last year (when Ginn lined up offset the QB). There have only been a couple of times all season where the Bucks threw more than 20 yards downfield. I don't think the Big 10 has any idea what to prepare for.

I think we will see a more open playbook starting this week.

If you had told me before the season that 3 games in Ginn would have only 1 TD, and be virtually non-existant in the offense, I would have laughed my ass off. I don't know what is up with this guy, but let's be honest, Smith hasn't exactly thrown the ball to him on the numbers. I would like to see him play 2 ways like Gamble and Woodson. He played CB in high school.

I know how to end the QB controversy, play Boeckman. Seriously. This guy is supposed to be better than Smith and Zwick, but that isn't saying much. Smith is going to need to get really good really quick.

I lost count how many consecutive times SDSU went 3 and out. They really did play atrotious, and I credit the Buckeyes D. Outside of the first play from scrimmage, I believe they had less than 100 yds the rest of the game. Schnittker should not have fumbled on the 1 yard line, and OSU could have scored the final drive if they wanted to. The score could have been a lot worse if they wanted it to be. Tressel doesn't play that way, and I don't understand why Vegas keeps putting these astronomical spreads on the Buckeyes games.

It wasn't as pretty as it could have been, but they did beat a bad team using a few set formations and basic routes. It was classic Tressel ball: Patience, Position, Punt, and Puke
                              [/b][/quote]

I agree with alot of what you said.

The Buckeyes dominated the game, no question.

But they also made plenty of dumb mistakes, dropped balls, running the wrong routes, dumb penalties, fumbles on the 1 yd line, not being prepared from the opening snap, the play calling was weird, not running correct routes...

I also noticed that they didn't throw deep, basically ever...but they had some deep routes, where Smith simply chose not to throw the ball, instead holding on and running with it. Thats why its a little bit weird to me, they haven't thrown the ball deep, but the WRs are definitely running the deep routes...If the Buckeyes are trying to "save" most of their playbook for the Big 10, I think they are fooling themselves if they think they can just turn it off and on depending on their opponent or whether they are in the conference schedule or not...

As far as QB goes, to me, Smith is the QB...there is no question about it. If given the time and the receivers make the catches and plays they are supposed to, he'll be fine. But as mentioned above, I saw him very hesistant to throw the deep ball...they called a couple of routes and it was obvious he wanted to go to Ginn and Hall deep a couple of times, but just pocketed the ball and ran...maybe that was by direction, but it looked like indecision on Smith's part to me.

I think the Buckeyes really need a statement game (just destroying a team), not only to make them look badass for the voters and the media appeal, but for themselves. The dropped balls and dumb mistakes point to these guys being on edge...not confident and ready to go. They've heard since the Alamo Bowl how explosive they were supposed to be, and they've shown flashes of it, but no consistency at all...
                              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Working...
                              X