Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Cards vs. Cubs, 9/17, 12:20 CDT

Fire away kids!

My boy Mulder is gonna clinch it for the Birds! At least as far as TLR is concerned. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I'll get a preview as soon as it's available.

We'll be fine as long as we stay POSITIVE, no kicks in the nutsack needed. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

This is interesting.

Redbirds adjust rotation with eye toward playoffs
    By Derrick Goold
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/16/2005

CHICAGO Using the off day Monday to rearrange the rotation of their starters for the upcoming series in Cincinnati, the Cardinals will further align their arms for the postseason.

"We're looking at how we're going to pitch the Cincinnati series," manager Tony La Russa said. "There's a decision to be made there."

Coming off Thursday's win, his third consecutive victory, Jeff Suppan will start the series opener Tuesday on the standard four days of rest. Mark Mulder, today's starter, will move back a few days and start Saturday in Milwaukee.

Chris Carpenter will continue to start every fifth day, whether or not there is an off day in between. Advertisement

La Russa and pitching coach Dave Duncan said they don't have a start scheduled for either rookie Adam Wainwright or Anthony Reyes. The top two prospects joined the team when the Class AAA regular season concluded, and only Wainwright has appeared in a game.

The shuffle puts Suppan on track to make three more starts and have his first postseason start timed for Game 3 of the first playoff round. Mulder skips the Reds- against whom he's 2-2 with a 5.64 ERA in four starts this season - and slides in behind Carpenter, inked in as the Game 1 starter.

Matt Morris, who lost his fourth consecutive start Friday, will start Thursday in Cincinnati, and Jason Marquis will start Wednesday. [/b][/quote]
    RIP Stan the Man
    I miss TLR!

Comment

What a lame GDT. Maddux starting for the fubs, 1:20 ET start time, Fox game of the week.
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Consistent winners face off at Wrigley
        St. Louis (94-55) at Chicago (73-75), 12:20 p.m. CT

Consistency is widely considered a virtue in sports, but it's not always the case. You can be consistently lousy. It's possible. But two pitchers who exemplify the good kind of consistency will face off on Saturday afternoon at Wrigley Field.
        For the Cardinals, it's Mark Mulder, who has won 15 games or more in five straight seasons, including this year. That's the second-longest active streak in baseball. For the Cubs, it's the man with the longest current streak, Greg Maddux. For Maddux, it's been a mind-boggling 17 years in a row with at least 15 victories.

So Mulder can not only help his team, and help his own cause, by beating Maddux and the Cubs on Saturday. He can greatly increase his chances of having the longest active streak when this season ends. The left-hander has been pitching very well lately, allowing a total of six earned runs over his last five starts. Thanks to a combination of bullpen struggles and some meager run support, Mulder has only two wins to show for that run, but it's not his fault.

However, the last time Mulder had a rough outing, it was against the Cubs. And Maddux. At Wrigley. In the daylight. Five weeks ago, he was dinked and dunked to death for seven runs in four innings.

Pitching matchup
        STL: LHP Mark Mulder
        • 15-7, 3.51 ERA in 2005
        • 0-2, 6.23 ERA vs. CHC in 2005

CHC: RHP Greg Maddux
        • 12-12, 4.22 ERA in 2005
        • 2-0, 2.45 ERA vs. STL in 2005

Player to watch
        The Cards have a few guys who have hit Maddux pretty well, but Abraham Nunez's success against the future Hall of Famer is almost eerie. Nunez is 11-for-22 (.500) lifetime against Maddux with three doubles.

Quotable
        "There have been two real hallmarks of this club: a real consistent effort and consistent execution. We have really played hard, and we have executed. By and large we've played very good baseball, executed the game very well. And it's been the difference in a lot of games." -- Manager Tony La Russa

On the Internet
        MLB.TV
        Gameday Audio
        • Gameday
        • Official game notes

On television
        • STL: FOX
        • CHC: FOX

On radio
        • STL: KMOX 1120
        • CHC: WGN 720

Quick hits
        David Eckstein has reached base by a hit or a walk in 24 of his last 25 games. ... Mulder needs 7 2/3 innings to reach 200 for the fourth time in his career. ... Mulder is four wins shy of 100 for his career. ... The Cardinals have nine players with at least 40 RBIs, but only two with more than 60.

On deck
        • Sunday: at Chicago, 1:20 p.m. CT
        • Tuesday: at Cincinnati, 6:10 p.m. CT
        • Wednesday: at Cincinnati, 6:10 p.m. CT
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Magic number after this game: zero
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

The Cards want the rest of the nation to see it.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Why is this GDT being used when I started one at midnight? Thanks a lot Kah! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Would the mod that closed mine please rearrange them?
              RIP Stan the Man
              I miss TLR!

Comment

I believe will win, but it's hard to say that logically. I feel like we will win though.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Kah, Mulder in the daytime? I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into...
                  Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

Can someone please explain why my GDT was closed and this one is taking it's place? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    I miss TLR!

Comment

Feel free to open his and close mine, or merge them.
                      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 17 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post

Can someone please explain why my GDT was closed and this one is taking it's place? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

Sorry about that, Huegy.

Honestly, I thought you were drunk when you posted that and I closed it.

They're merged.
                        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]

Macias 2B
                          Perez SS
                          Lee 1B
                          Garciaparra 3B
                          Burnitz RF
                          Murton LF
                          Patterson CF
                          Blanco C
                          Maddux P

Cards

Eckstein SS
                          Edmonds Cf
                          Pujols 1B
                          Walker RF
                          Sanders LF
                          Grudz 2B
                          Nunez 3B
                          Diaz C
                          Mulder P

Comment

I'm sorry, who are those people playing for the Cardinals? Where are Gall, Mahoney, Schumaker, et al?

Is anyone listening to the mlb radio feed? I think Mike's been hitting the bottle a little early.
                            The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Thank you. My first thought was "conspairacy". If we lose today switch it back to Kah, k? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't have any preview available at midnight last night and I was going to fix it this morning. Thanks again. No mulligans today.
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X