Clinton on Larry King...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton on Larry King...

Anyone watch this? I'm watching the replay right now...I don't see how you can't at least respect this guy...

He was just talking about the Blackhawk Down exercise, and having to deal with talking to the father of a son who was lost...

He said (paraphrased) "I felt like he had a right to say to me whatever he felt he needed to say...his son lost his life defending his country..."

Slick Willie had his faullts...but I still believe he was one of our best presidents...

And I say that neutrally...I've abandoned any and all partisanship personally...I couldn't give a rat's ass who's in power as long as they're doing what's best for the country...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

From reading the title, I was thinking ol' Slick went bisexual on us... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

QUOTE(Rdog3933 @ Sep 16 2005, 11:49 PM) Quoted post

From reading the title, I was thinking ol' Slick went bisexual on us... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
      [/b][/quote]

Pervert. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I liked and hated clinton. He's so good at so many things. But then I will be hated because I like Reagan too.

Neither are my heroes, but both did instill confidence in different ways. I don't know that any President will ever be my hero because, you know, they were dumb enough to run for the job.
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 16 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

Pervert. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
          [/b][/quote]
          You know...you say that like it's a bad thing... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
          Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
          Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 16 2005, 11:47 PM) Quoted post

Anyone watch this? I'm watching the replay right now...I don't see how you can't at least respect this guy...

He was just talking about the Blackhawk Down exercise, and having to deal with talking to the father of a son who was lost...

He said (paraphrased) "I felt like he had a right to say to me whatever he felt he needed to say...his son lost his life defending his country..."

Slick Willie had his faullts...but I still believe he was one of our best presidents...

And I say that neutrally...I've abandoned any and all partisanship personally...I couldn't give a rat's ass who's in power as long as they're doing what's best for the country...
            [/b][/quote]
            That's just slick Willy being slick again. He's making comments about talking to the father of a dead soldier to disparage George Bush for not talking to that Sheehan woman who also lost her son. It's just more spin. We're going to start seeing more and more of this sort of thing from both sides.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
            Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
            Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
            Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
            NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
            LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 17 2005, 12:07 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 16 2005, 11:47 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
              That's just slick Willy being slick again. He's making comments about talking to the father of a dead soldier to disparage George Bush for not talking to that Sheehan woman who also lost her son. It's just more spin. We're going to start seeing more and more of this sort of thing from both sides.
              [/b][/quote]

LOL, talking about SPIN..... lol
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 16 2005, 10:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Well, I think the competition for "Biggest Right-Winger on the Lounge" is closed.
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 17 2005, 12:47 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

When I see Clinton now, I'm struck by his intelligence and eloquence.

I'd forgotten that a President could actually string an articulate paragraph together.

Talk about low expectations.
                  But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 17 2005, 01:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Well, I think the competition for "Biggest Right-Winger on the Lounge" is closed.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    I guess you missed the sentence that said we would be seeing this from both sides pretty soon. I may a conservative, but I am not as right-wing as you think. Not once in my life have I ever voted the straight party ticket. I just like to look at things with a little common sense is all. The Democrats have swung too far to the left for me these says but the Republicans are starting to push too far the other way as well. I wish someone would start a political party that advocated common sense and compromise and being moderate. I would for sure vote straight party ticket then.

As far as Clinton goes, it has nothing to do with him being a Democrat that makes me dislike him so intensely. I think he was a brilliant man. However, the more I have read and studied about him and his wife, the more I think they are nothing but a couple of grifters. It's a shame too really since has such a charming personality that he should have been thought of as a great President on a level comparable to Reagan.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 17 2005, 07:42 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kah @ Sep 17 2005, 01:25 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      I guess you missed the sentence that said we would be seeing this from both sides pretty soon. I may a conservative, but I am not as right-wing as you think. Not once in my life have I ever voted the straight party ticket. I just like to look at things with a little common sense is all. The Democrats have swung too far to the left for me these says but the Republicans are starting to push too far the other way as well. I wish someone would start a political party that advocated common sense and compromise and being moderate. I would for sure vote straight party ticket then.

As far as Clinton goes, it has nothing to do with him being a Democrat that makes me dislike him so intensely. I think he was a brilliant man. However, the more I have read and studied about him and his wife, the more I think they are nothing but a couple of grifters. It's a shame too really since has such a charming personality that he should have been thought of as a great President on a level comparable to Reagan.
                      [/b][/quote]

What have you read Lois? Who were the authors? Don't you think they could have a slanted view also?? I'll give you the fact (?) that both of their lives have been pointed toward one goal. She more than he. But Bill is a very smart man, maybe not w/ the ladies, but even Roosevelt had his weaknesses.

I agree that the left has lost it's way and is drifting way too close to the looney line. And the right is run by Bible thumping zealots. You'd vote for a moderate? Who wouldn't? But it will never happen. There is more money in sticking to an agenda than in making sense.

Comment

If Jimmy Carter's personal integrity could have been injected into Clinton, we may would be talking about the greatest American leader of all times.
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 17 2005, 07:53 AM) Quoted post

If Jimmy Carter's personal integrity could have been injected into Clinton, we may would be talking about the greatest American leader of all times.
                          [/b][/quote]

++
                          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Sep 17 2005, 09:46 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++
                            [/b][/quote]

QFA

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 17 2005, 09:05 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(davhaf @ Sep 17 2005, 09:46 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++
                              [/b][/quote]

QFA
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Whadda riot.

I would bet lots of money that Bill Clinton couldn't run the corner drugstore effectively.

And I'd lay the same wager on George W. Bush.

"greatest American leader of all times" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

You boys need to set your standards a bit higher and put a check on your gullilbility.

Comment

Working...
                              X