Some NOT so good news for SLU bball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some NOT so good news for SLU bball

St. Louis U. basketball games are moving from KMOX to KFNS (590 AM, 100.7 FM) this season; a formal announcement should come soon.[/b][/quote]

Goodbye 50,000 watts. First the Cardinals. Now this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Odd. I wonder why they'd move. I know it's for more money, but geesh, the exposure would be better.

Comment

This was not SLU's choosing. KMOX told to SLU to find someone else to air their games. I doubt if we are making any more money on this deal, I would think we are not as KMOX just decided this a couple months before the season starts not giving SLU much leverage to deal with other stations.

Half the games were moved to other stations anyway. At 590 we will still get bumped but for a final four team not for mi$$ery.

Hopefully KFNS will still want to do the Coach Soderberg show. This also helps that the two biggest "backers" of the SLU program in the media are employed at KFNS. Until the program starts showing some signs of life this, St Chuck games, and the charter deal are the types of things SLU fans have to deal with.

Comment

KMOX has to go where the big $$$ are, that's why they're the 50,000 watt voice of Delmar Gardens, with support from Kutis Funeral Home & Bopp Chapel...

Why do you think their demographic is 55 to DEATH?

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Sep 17 2005, 08:10 AM) Quoted post

KMOX has to go where the big $$$ are, that's why they're the 50,000 watt voice of Delmar Gardens, with support from Kutis Funeral Home & Bopp Chapel...

Why do you think their demographic is 55 to DEATH?
          [/b][/quote]

You haven't been to a SLU game recently have you? KMOX and SLU's demographics are extremely similar. More people in wheelchairs and oxygen tanks than there are in the student section.

Comment

Working...
          X