Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder 49 on Starz

Good movie. SAD [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

God damn that was a good movie.

Very surprising as I didn't think it'd be that good.

Comment

Yeah, it's good...I watched it at a bad time - cried thru the entire thing and for a couple hours afterwards.
      Feb. 08, 2005
      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
      Originally posted by Airshark
      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

My wife and I watched it a couple of weeks ago. Good, but sad, movie. Really makes me appreciate the camaderie that firefighters have, and how all the families support one another like it is all one big family.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

My wife just got home from soccer.

I had just finished the movie.

"Why are you crying? Is it the Cardinals?"

I loved the fact it was about the firefighters. No other plot like finding a killer, etc. As Razzy suggested, the brothers aspect was great. I can only imagine how much fun it is to work in an atmosphere like that.

The ending. Don't want to ruin for anyone.

Comment

Good movie.

Comment

Firefighters do a hell of a lot of sitting around; that movie had them responding to enormous blazes all the time.

Most of the time, they're putting out dumpster fires. Good movie, but the life of a firefighter is not nearly as glamorous.
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 17 2005, 12:06 AM) Quoted post

Firefighters do a hell of a lot of sitting around; that movie had them responding to enormous blazes all the time.

Most of the time, they're putting out dumpster fires. Good movie, but the life of a firefighter is not nearly as glamorous.
                [/b][/quote]

Yeah...it's not so glamorous when you put your OWN life out on the line to help other people, especially when you DON'T have too, but you WANT too. Youre right, not glamorous at all... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Why does someone always have to die? In backdraft it was the same way. Do the directors think that the movie will have no creditability with out a death.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Oct 17 2005, 06:02 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yeah...it's not so glamorous when you put your OWN life out on the line to help other people, especially when you DON'T have too, but you WANT too. Youre right, not glamorous at all... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

I don't think he meant it that way, and he's pretty much right. You probably service equipment, sit around, and do inspections most of the time and only get the big fires about 5% of the time. But the stories and experience you get from that 5% help to fill up the other 95.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 17 2005, 10:58 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yeah...it's not so glamorous when you put your OWN life out on the line to help other people, especially when you DON'T have too, but you WANT too. Youre right, not glamorous at all... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

I don't think he meant it that way, and he's pretty much right. You probably service equipment, sit around, and do inspections most of the time and only get the big fires about 5% of the time. But the stories and experience you get from that 5% help to fill up the other 95.
                      [/b][/quote]

I'm not disagreeing, I just respect them a lot more than I used too, and I no longer take them for granted. That's all.
                      Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

++

Exactly. Firefighters aren't constantly saving lives, nsane.

My uncle is SLFD and he talks all the time about how these movies make it look like he's constantly riding out to save lives. It's just not true.

It's a bunch of sitting around, taking days off, and putting out flaming dumpsters.
                        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Comment

Flaming Johnny-on-the-Spots are no treat either.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 17 2005, 11:09 AM) Quoted post

Flaming Johnny-on-the-Spots are no treat either.
                            [/b][/quote]

We're all very proud of him; it's unbelievably difficult work. But all firefighter movies give inaccurate descriptions of what it's like to be a firefighter, and that was my only point.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 17 2005, 11:06 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

++

Exactly. Firefighters aren't constantly saving lives, nsane.

My uncle is SLFD and he talks all the time about how these movies make it look like he's constantly riding out to save lives. It's just not true.

It's a bunch of sitting around, taking days off, and putting out flaming dumpsters.
                              [/b][/quote]

{sigh} I know that... I just view their role differently than I used too. I believe I said that already...I respect them a lot more than I used too - just took them for granted like everyone else did. Then the day that no one will forget happened, which made me realize how much I took them and other things for granted.
                              Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Working...
                              X