Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder why we didn't get people from NO in St. Louis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why we didn't get people from NO in St. Louis.

I'd like to know why Haliburton is being given contracts to build small cities for the people of NO, but at the same time we are being told that placed that we had here, that would not have cost us anything close to what we are going to end up paying Haliburton.

Did they turn down the free places so Haliburton would have more work to do on our dime?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

I think it's because we don't want black people here in St. Louis.

-RBB

Comment

I heard a report yesterday on NPR about the migration of NO families to STL, and what officials were doing to accomodate the families.
      No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
      President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
      President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Yaks,

There are some here. Not on the scale first mentioned, but there are many here.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 16 2005, 11:41 AM) Quoted post

I'd like to know why Haliburton is being given contracts to build small cities for the people of NO, but at the same time we are being told that placed that we had here, that would not have cost us anything close to what we are going to end up paying Haliburton.

Did they turn down the free places so Haliburton would have more work to do on our dime?
          [/b][/quote]
          This is just a thought but perhaps they decided against shipping the people all over the country and allowing them to remain to closer to their homes and in some cases families. I had wondered about that myself but then figured it was either logisitics and transportation issues, or that some of the people simply did not want to be shipped hundreds of miles away from there homes and then have to worry about getting back to NO.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

I thought some people had come here. Did I hear there are places in Gumbo Flats or something?

I still haven't heard from the fostering dog thing.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(RedBirdBrain @ Sep 16 2005, 11:45 AM) Quoted post

I think it's because we don't want black people here in St. Louis.

-RBB
              [/b][/quote]

%^&&&...you beat me to the punchline [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I know they closed down the place they had set up at the airport, and I thought they said no one was going to be coming to the fields of chester? (the old jail)
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 16 2005, 11:53 AM) Quoted post

I know they closed down the place they had set up at the airport, and I thought they said no one was going to be coming to the fields of chester? (the old jail)
                  [/b][/quote]
                  My son's school had a clothing drive for items to be sent to the old jail and if I'm not mistaken, the Red Cross had a training session for people who wanted to volunteer out there. So I believe there are some evacuees there. However, St. Louis did not get nearly the numbers of people they were prepared for or were willing to accept.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

My church is housing three families (thirteen people). My wife and I are having a woman and her two daughters over for dinner this Sunday.

Comment

Rightly or wrongly?
                      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 16 2005, 11:56 AM) Quoted post

My church is housing three families (thirteen people). My wife and I are having a woman and her two daughters over for dinner this Sunday.
                        [/b][/quote]

That's awesome Kev
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

[/b][/quote]

My in laws church in Little Rock has turned their fellowship hall into a shelter, they have like 150 people there.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 16 2005, 12:02 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That's awesome Kev
                            [/b][/quote]

TTB,

Like the saying "there but by the grace of God, go I", Debbie and I aren't looking for any personal glory in this. We'd like to think that if the shoe was on the other foot, and we were the ones who were left without a place to call home, that someone would do the same for us.

Comment

SLU has 190 students from Loyola-NO and about a dozen from Tulane.
                              Are you on the list?

Comment

Working...
                              X