CDs that you regret buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDs that you regret buying

And don't bother posting a CD that the wife/girlfriend/whoever bought. Time to step up and admit your own wrong doing.

I'll start....I'll admit it. I bought a Creed CD (My Own Prison). Scott Stapp could not have spoken truer words when he sang "I created my own prison." I created mine when I paid $15 for that damn CD.

Got George Michael's "Faith" from Columbia House because I forgot to send the damn card back. Just paid for it cause I didn't want to fuck with sending it back
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

There was this very cool band I liked from LA called Last of the Juanitas - they put out two really good records (Brangus and Hawaii)...and then came their third (Time's Up) - I was expecting it to be on a par with their previous efforts, but instead it sounded like 40 minutes of 3 people tuning their instruments being recorded by a condenser microphone inside of a portable stereo by a soundman who had a sudden onset of Tourette's syndrome and started screaming in an unintelligible shriek from about 40 seconds into the album until the very last note of the last song...

Horrendous...I think I glued that CD to the other monstrosity I owned at the time (Blind Melon) and made a drink coaster out of them...
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

After "I Get Wet" by Andrew WK I couldn't wait to get my hands on his next release, "The Wolf."

"The Wolf" sucked and should have been titled "You are a freakin' idiot if you pay more than 25 cents for this pile of crap." I listened to it exactly one time and sold it on Ebay and took about a $5 hit.

I now do ITunes almost exclusively.

Comment

Switchfoot...

Comment

George Thorogood's "Haircut"...the title song was cool for about, oh, fifteen minutes or so...the rest of the album sucks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
            Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
            Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

I have to go with that Color Me Badd one
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

A Jerky Boys CD.

Don't know the name of it, fruitcake.
                But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

A Tears for Fears CD that did not have Shout on it and a Letters to Cleo CD that did not have whatever the name of their one hit was on it.
                  They both suck from start to finish.

Comment

I bought a jason bonham cd once. It's horrible. I always meant to crochet a couple circles and sew them together with the cd in the middle so it could be a coaster for drinks.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Oh, there are quite a few to choose from thanks to the ol' Columbia House/BMG thing from college....

Where to start...

The Crash Test Dummies...just God awful...

So many one hit wonders that looked good at the time...Too bad I can't think of them right now...
                      "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

Comment

U2 Pop. JJ.

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Sep 16 2005, 01:32 AM) Quoted post

I have to go with that Color Me Badd one
                          [/b][/quote]

"How ghey," thinks Skippy as he listens to Wham's "Make It Big" on his iPod...
                          The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Sep 16 2005, 09:39 AM) Quoted post

I bought a jason bonham cd once. It's horrible. I always meant to crochet a couple circles and sew them together with the cd in the middle so it could be a coaster for drinks.
                            [/b][/quote]

Was that the one where he was part of that group cleverly named Bonham? Yep, I own that too.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Harvey Danger
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                              X