Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppan should be the #3 starter in the playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppan should be the #3 starter in the playoffs.

The guy is pitching great, better than he has all year.

He might just exceed his win total of last year, when he led the Cardinals in wins.

He was our best post-season pitcher last year.

He seems to always win when matched up against the other team's ace.

All due respect to Matty Mo, and bless him for being a career Cardinal, but Suppan is pitching FAR better ball than Morris is right now. Suppan was just filthy tonight and given the same circumstances there is no way that Matt Morris would have been pitching in the 9th going for a complete game shutout. If Suppan finishes the year strong, and Morris continues to pitch average, I don't think there is any way Soup should be excluded from the post-season rotation in favor of Matt Morris.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

I agree 150%
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Yep. Most likely won't happen, but it should.
      The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Yep
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

++
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Well put "D". I agree completely. Soup's #s minus strikeouts are about as good as Prior's #s this year. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Prior in a hearbeat over Soup, but compare their #s. They're close.
            --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
            --Suck it cubbies.
            --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

kah told me Morris should get it for all his achievements in a Cardinals uniform....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 15 2005, 10:51 PM) Quoted post

kah told me Morris should get it for all his achievements in a Cardinals uniform....
                [/b][/quote]
                All of his achievements in the past don't get the other team out now.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

QUOTE(DLove @ Sep 15 2005, 11:53 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 15 2005, 10:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  All of his achievements in the past don't get the other team out now.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  But, but... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The fact that this is up-in-the-air is not a good sign for the local 9.

All the choices have flaws.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 15 2005, 11:58 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      We're not fearing anybody....the regular season standings say so!

Comment

Forget it until the time comes... these guys have been going through stretches of greatness... I'd wait for the end of the 162 game schedule to decide. Maybe Marquis will go on another streak, maybe Suppan will keep this up.

Morris better not be #3 though. Very shaky.
                        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Huh? The ONLY #3 pitcher on any potential playoff team that isn't up in the air and doesn't have obvious flaws is Pettite on Houston. BUT that team may not even make the playoffs.
                          *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Sep 16 2005, 12:07 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Huh? The ONLY #3 pitcher on any potential playoff team that isn't up in the air and doesn't have obvious flaws is Pettite on Houston. BUT that team may not even make the playoffs.
                            [/b][/quote]

What does other teams' suckiness have to do with the Cardinals? I'd prefer it was as clear-cut as who was #1 and #2. Sorry, I'm a perfectionist. Sue me.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 16 2005, 12:10 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dhaab @ Sep 16 2005, 12:07 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

What does other teams' suckiness have to do with the Cardinals? I'd prefer it was as clear-cut as who was #1 and #2. Sorry, I'm a perfectionist. Sue me.
                              [/b][/quote]

Very well, you'll be receiving a call from my lawyer soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                              X