• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted without comment

Hey, it's funny to me.

http://hagel.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseActi...nth=9&Year=2005

Hagel Announces Hastings Couple as Adoption Angels

September 13th, 2005 - WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE) announced today that Gene and Carlene Boner of Hastings, Nebraska are recipients of the 2005 Angels in Adoption award. Every year, the Angels in Adoption program allows members of Congress to recognize and honor those who have been involved in adoption. Hagel recommended the Boners to be the Nebraska recipients for 2005.

"Adoption is an amazing gift of love. The Boner family has opened their home and hearts to children in need of a loving family and has shown others across the country the importance of adoption. The Angels in Adoption award allows Congress to recognize those who are ‘real-life angels.’ The Boners are ‘real-life angels’," Hagel said.

The Boners have adopted six-year old Brittany, are guardians of fifteen-year old Jeremy, and are in the process of adopting two-year old Matthew. Gene is Captain of the Hastings Police Department and Carlene is a nurse.

"We are both very honored and humbled to even have been nominated for this wonderful award, let alone to be selected. There are many people involved in foster care and the adoption of children who tirelessly devote their time, love and compassion. We accept this award on behalf of those many people who work behind the scenes to promote the rights of children to be able to grow up in a happy and loving home," the Boners said.

The seventh annual congressional Angels in Adoption awards ceremony will be held on September 13, 2005 in Washington, D.C.

###
    [/b][/quote]

That's why I love Chuck Hagel.

He always rises to the occasion.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Oops, somebody pulled a Boner... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
      X