"Supernatural" on the WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Supernatural" on the WB

First off, before we go any further--there are bound to be some spoilers, hopefully mostly small, in this thread. WB is re-airing the pilot episode of "Supernatural" tonight and again on Sunday. Set up your TiVO's so it doesn't interfere with the Wrigley Field clinching party...(there are also a torrent of sources for it on the internets, so to speak...)

And make sure you see "Supernatural". If a show that, at least one episode in, that seems to have all the best things going for it that Buffy, The X-Files, and Millenium had interests you, you don't wanna miss this.

Just got done watching the pilot episode for the first time, and I'm very impressed. The acting and dialogue range from decent to "very good"--especially some of the supporting cast, which is always a plus. The special effects are well-done, especially for a TV show. The over-arcing story idea is intriguing as well.

Dry "Mulder/Scully" banter that knows when to poke fun at the genre while still being faithful to it. Hot chicks, even if one happens to be, um, "life impaired". And then featured in the pilot is not one, but TWO freaking AC/DC songs. They had me as a fan of the show for life at the opening chords of "Highway to Hell".

I have no idea if they can keep the momentum of the pilot sustained through future episodes, but WB seems to be in full support of the show, so here's hoping that they can use that to their advantage.
    I like cheese.

Is it as good as Prison Break?

Comment

QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Sep 15 2005, 02:49 PM) Quoted post

Is it as good as Prison Break?
      [/b][/quote]

Haven't seen that show, so I got nothing.

I will say that it is maybe more promising than any of the "set up the series" episodes of The X-Files, Buffy, Angel, etc.

We also watched FOX's new dramedy, "Head Cases" last night. "Supernatural" is miles and miles better than that was.
      I like cheese.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder - I saw hints of this show and it looked pretty good! Now if I can only remember when I get home!
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

isn't the young male lead in this show from Gilmore Girls (Lauren Graham is smoking)?

Comment

QUOTE(fountain16 @ Sep 15 2005, 02:55 PM) Quoted post

isn't the young male lead in this show from Gilmore Girls (Lauren Graham is smoking)?
            [/b][/quote]

Yep; at one point in the pilot they're looking for a guy named "Dean", too, which is a pretty subtle leg yank if it was intentional.

I would happily drink Ms. Graham's (who was born just a stone's throw from where I'm typing this, in Great Falls) bathwater for her. Dunno what it is, she does it for me and then some.
            I like cheese.

Comment

No thanks, I'm a bright
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

My buddy saw it and was as pumped about it as you trigger. I'm gonna have to record it. Sounds pretty hip.
                --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                --Suck it cubbies.
                --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

sorta reminded me of that game call of cthulu.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

The boys and I really liked it. I won't be able to let my daughter watch it though - it will freak her out.

I had goosebumps throughout the show, and at the end - wow...LOTS of BIG goosebumps and tears as well.
                    Feb. 08, 2005
                    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                    Originally posted by Airshark
                    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

This is creepy.
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Ok - that show was awesome. Really f'ing creepy.
                        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 16 2005, 07:43 AM) Quoted post

Ok - that show was awesome. Really f'ing creepy.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          I liked it a lot too. Very creepy.

The older brother looked familiar. What else has that dude been in.
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Thumbs up. Trig nailed the description/influences. I'm not a big fan of the Buffy shows and I hope it steers closer to the X-File, even a Rod Serling edge, but it had enough going for it to want me see another episode.

And yes, the, uh, young ladies were quite fetching.

I could have done without the Gilmore Girls references, though. Jebus, guys, you really want to fess up to watching that teenage girl show?
                            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Usually I avoid the too-creepy stuff...but Jared Padalecki might be enough to lure me into this show. He's kind of scrawny but still hot.
                              "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

Working...
                              X