Back to the City Care Forgot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the City Care Forgot

Mayor Ray Nagin announced the plans to get businesses and residents back into the city of New Orleans beginning this weekend.

The schedule for re-entry includes:

Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 17 & 18 Business owners in Algiers, CBD, French Quarter and Uptown with ID and proof that they live or work in the area.

Monday, Sept. 19 Algiers Residents with ID.

Wednesday, Sept. 21 Residents in zip code 70115 Uptown with ID.

Friday, Sept. 23 Residents in zip code 70118 Uptown with ID.

Monday, Sept. 26 Residents in the French Quarter and the rest of the CBD with ID. [/b][/quote]

For me, this means I could move back on Wednesday of next week, but I'll have to wait until the firm and schools get back up. However, I will be headed back tomorrow for the weekend to help a friend work on his roof. Took 2 big trees through the roof, so we shall see.

Should be interesting to see what it's like.
    From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

ppg,

I know we've had our differences on this board, but you're sincerely in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed to you.

P.S. If there's anything that I may can contribute to help, please PM me.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

attention whore
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Say hi to Congressman Jefferson for me....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Hey, if you could pick me up some sporting goods, I'd appreciate it...

Comment

Well, at least Bush got all of the blacks out of the City for you -- so it should be a lot safer.

All kidding aside, good luck PPG.
              "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Good luck my mis-guided friend. Thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Yeah, be careful and I hope you find things better than expected...Go Cats.

Comment

Good luck to you. Hope you find things at your home as good as they can be.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

This note brought to you by cellular modem. We are hunkered down for the night. Might be a few more citizens uptown, but they would be difficult to find. Plenty of soldiers around. It's weird to drive through your hometown and see soldiers on patrol, at rest, and at checkpoints. Group of National Guard playing some type of dodge ball in the street, a block away from the house on which we were working.

Friend's house is pretty well trashed. Tree through the roof, 10x10 hole in ceiling in the living room. Plaster, limbs, wires, lights, insulation everywhere. Wires dangling all over the place outside. Water damage and mildew inside. 5 or 6 big oaks taking houses out every which way.

Worked a long time on the roof. Whoever decided to live here before electricity was nuts. It is hot and humid.

My house is fine. No damage to the roof, trees fell away from the house, windows intact. Outside glidder flipped over but that was it. All the neighbor's big nasty goldfish were floating, picked apart in the pond. Inside nothing to report. Packed up some more clothes for everyone, got special blankets and pillows for the kids, some toys, and some movies. Then I opened the refrigerator.

I held up against the powerful blast of hot fetid stench, until I opened the deli tray. Brutal. Furthermore, something had seriously evolved in the juice of the vegetable tray. Took about 45 minutes to clean, and clear the hideous liquid oozing from the fridge. Friend's refrigetor was so filled with noxious masses which wiggled and squirmed that we duct-taped it shut and hauled it out on the porch. Trash.

Car we left on the street was fine as well. Had wanted to park it in the office garage, but ran out of time. Turns out all the cars in the garage were looted. Then neighbor wouldn't let us park in her slightly elevated driveway. Good thing. Tree fell in the driveway.

No flooding where I live. Just trees down all over, and it's really dry down here. Everything is brown.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

Comment

About as good of news as you could expect in that situation. Good for you!

Do you have running water?
                        "You're my wife Margene, you can't be seeing the girl I'm dating." - Big Love

Comment

We do have running water, although we are advised not to shower in it. Had to use some water to wash my hands after reaching into the fridge. Probably get my shots on Monday.

Not so dry here now, as it begins to rains.

Comment

Take care, PPG. This has to be hard for you. I'm sorry.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Can't complain. We fared way better than most.

Lakeview, which is up by City Park, remains underwater.

Comment

Working...
                              X