• Show
Clear All

• McGwire will appear at Busch finale

P-D

McGwire will appear at Busch finale
    By Rick Hummel
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/14/2005

Record-setting slugger Mark McGwire, whose visits to Busch Stadium since his retirement in 2001 have been infrequent, is one of 100 or so former players expected for the final weekend at Busch Stadium Sept. 30 through Oct. 2.

Among other special visitors scheduled to appear are Hall-of-Fame lefthander Steve Carlton; Lee Smith, the Cardinals' career-saves leader; former Gold Glove first baseman Keith Hernandez; former righthander Bob Tewksbury and former lefthander John Tudor.

Playoff tickets go on sale Monday

The good news for Cardinals fans is that they can begin ordering tickets on Monday morning, beginning at 9 o'clock, to the Cardinals' potential home games for the divisional series and National League Championship Series. Perhaps the better news is that they are the same price as last year.

Buyers are limited to a maximum of six tickets per game for the divisional series and four per game for the NLCS. Orders may be made only by telephone at the Cardinals' charge line, 314-421-2400, or online at www.st.louiscardinals.com. No orders will be taken at the stadium or remote outlets.

Prices range from $15 (standing room only) to $30 (outfield terrace boxes) for divisional series games, which begin either Oct. 4 or Oct. 5. The Cardinals could have as many three home games in the divisional series.

Prices range between $20 (standing room only) to $55 (outfield terrace boxes) for the league championship series, which begins Oct.12. The Cardinals could have fourhome games in that series.

Grudzielanek's back feels better

After missing seven games with an injured disc in his lower back, second baseman Mark Grudzielanek was one of the few Cardinals to play all nine innings Wednesday.

Grudzielanek, who had two hits, said, "I felt good. It was a very good day." . . . First baseman Albert Pujols also went nine after missing two starts with a strained muscle in his right leg.

Around the horn

Hall of Famer Stan Musial, who actually never played a regular game in the current Busch Stadium in its 40 years, pulled off his No. 6 from the right-field wall. When the Cardinals return in 10 days, No. 5 is expected to be pulled off by Pujols. . . Former Cardinals assistant trainer Brad Henderson, now head of the Pirates' training staff, received the Busch Stadium replica given to visiting teams upon the Pirates' last visit to Busch.

[email protected] 314-340-8196[/b][/quote]
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Will he be on the juice, and can he play first if Pujols can't?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 15 2005, 03:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If Barry Can, so can Mac.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 15 2005, 04:12 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Has Barry ever tested positive?
        I know Mac hasn't either, i was just wondering if Barry has.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 15 2005, 04:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I don't know.

I was just making an allegation like you.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 15 2005, 04:35 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 15 2005, 04:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I don't know.

I was just making an allegation like you.
            [/b][/quote]

Mine was a question

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 15 2005, 04:36 AM) Quoted post
              Mine was a question
              [/b][/quote]

So? It's still an allegation.

Comment

I can't wait to hear the reception.....

I expect more boos since Mark jumped the shark, and spewed, "I'm not here to talk about the past."

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 15 2005, 01:56 AM) Quoted post

P-D

McGwire will appear at Busch finale
                  By Rick Hummel
                  ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                  09/14/2005

Record-setting slugger Mark McGwire, whose visits to Busch Stadium since his retirement in 2001 have been infrequent, is one of 100 or so former players expected for the final weekend at Busch Stadium Sept. 30 through Oct. 2.

Among other special visitors scheduled to appear are Hall-of-Fame lefthander Steve Carlton; Lee Smith, the Cardinals' career-saves leader; former Gold Glove first baseman Keith Hernandez; former righthander Bob Tewksbury and former lefthander John Tudor.

Playoff tickets go on sale Monday

The good news for Cardinals fans is that they can begin ordering tickets on Monday morning, beginning at 9 o'clock, to the Cardinals' potential home games for the divisional series and National League Championship Series. Perhaps the better news is that they are the same price as last year.

Buyers are limited to a maximum of six tickets per game for the divisional series and four per game for the NLCS. Orders may be made only by telephone at the Cardinals' charge line, 314-421-2400, or online at www.st.louiscardinals.com. No orders will be taken at the stadium or remote outlets.

Prices range from $15 (standing room only) to $30 (outfield terrace boxes) for divisional series games, which begin either Oct. 4 or Oct. 5. The Cardinals could have as many three home games in the divisional series.

Prices range between $20 (standing room only) to $55 (outfield terrace boxes) for the league championship series, which begins Oct.12. The Cardinals could have fourhome games in that series.

Grudzielanek's back feels better

After missing seven games with an injured disc in his lower back, second baseman Mark Grudzielanek was one of the few Cardinals to play all nine innings Wednesday.

Grudzielanek, who had two hits, said, "I felt good. It was a very good day." . . . First baseman Albert Pujols also went nine after missing two starts with a strained muscle in his right leg.

Around the horn

Hall of Famer Stan Musial, who actually never played a regular game in the current Busch Stadium in its 40 years, pulled off his No. 6 from the right-field wall. When the Cardinals return in 10 days, No. 5 is expected to be pulled off by Pujols. . . Former Cardinals assistant trainer Brad Henderson, now head of the Pirates' training staff, received the Busch Stadium replica given to visiting teams upon the Pirates' last visit to Busch.

[email protected] 314-340-8196[/b][/quote]
                  [/b][/quote]

So, Tewks is now a lefthander, and Tudor throws righty now?
                  I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Yes, their pitching arms were worn out, so they had to switch.

Comment

QUOTE(kconn @ Sep 15 2005, 07:45 AM) Quoted post

Yes, their pitching arms were worn out, so they had to switch.
                      [/b][/quote]

So, think Tudor could be talked into suiting up for the post-season?
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I'm happy to see Mark come back.
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 15 2005, 05:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He hasn't tested positive.

He did admit to using the "cream" and the "clear" by accident.

He was under the impression that it was flax seed oil.

Allegedly. (cough)
                          But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

I wish they'd figure out a way to get Andujar back.

And, just this once, even though I think he's a lying, cheating weasel, I hope the crowd doesn't boo Big Mac. This is a day to celebrate past teams and players, and he did provide some big memories.
                            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Sep 15 2005, 10:32 AM) Quoted post

I wish they'd figure out a way to get Andujar back.[/b][/quote]

Here, here.

Joaquin was the man.

Comment

Working...
                              X