Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe Kapler tears his achilles rounding the bases on a HR

Anyone else see this?
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Kapler??

Was Damon hurt?

How do you tear an ACL trotting?

Comment

Ruptured achilles.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 14 2005, 08:02 PM) Quoted post

Kapler??

Was Damon hurt?

[/b][/quote]

Must have already been real messed up.
        Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 14 2005, 08:02 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 14 2005, 08:02 PM) Quoted post

Kapler??

Was Damon hurt?

[/b][/quote]

Must have already been real messed up.
          [/b][/quote]
          Clearly..

Couple of Q's:

1.) I thought Kapler went to the Japanese leagues because the Sux didnt resign him
          2.) Is it an ACL or achilles?

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 14 2005, 09:02 PM) Quoted post

Ruptured achilles.
            [/b][/quote]
            Oh god. That is one of my greatest fears. The idea of your calf muscle possibly rolling up inside your leg. Shudder.
            The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

TORONTO -- Boston's Gabe Kapler left Wednesday night's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fifth inning after he fell to the turf while rounding second base on Tony Graffanino's homer.

Graffanino's ball went over the left-field wall, and Kapler appeared to twist his left ankle, but broadcast reports said he ruptured his Achilles tendon. He got up on one knee but couldn't continue.

After a five-minute delay, Kapler was carted off the field. Alejandro Machado pinch ran starting at second base and finished circling the bases.

Boston already was missing center fielder Johnny Damon, who was in Boston receiving treatment for a sore left shoulder. Damon hopes to play in Thursday's home game against Oakland
              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Fucking "OUCH!!".
                --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                --Suck it cubbies.
                --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Remember when Bill Grammatica tore his knee after celebrating a FG?
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Sep 14 2005, 09:04 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 14 2005, 09:02 PM) Quoted post

Ruptured achilles.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Oh god. That is one of my greatest fears. The idea of your calf muscle possibly rolling up inside your leg. Shudder.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Mine too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pinch.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Sep 14 2005, 08:05 PM) Quoted post

TORONTO -- Boston's Gabe Kapler left Wednesday night's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fifth inning after he fell to the turf while rounding second base on Tony Graffanino's homer.

Graffanino's ball went over the left-field wall, and Kapler appeared to twist his left ankle, but broadcast reports said he ruptured his Achilles tendon. He got up on one knee but couldn't continue.

After a five-minute delay, Kapler was carted off the field. Alejandro Machado pinch ran starting at second base and finished circling the bases.
                      Boston already was missing center fielder Johnny Damon, who was in Boston receiving treatment for a sore left shoulder. Damon hopes to play in Thursday's home game against Oakland
                      [/b][/quote]

Well, that's interesting.
                      Of course you do.

Comment

I've come close to doing that and it hurts like bloody hell
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 14 2005, 08:09 PM) Quoted post

Remember when Bill Grammatica tore his knee after celebrating a FG?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          I have never laughed so hard at someone getting injured in my life. I want that shit on tape. Wasn't he celebrating in the 1st Quarter too?

What a toolshed.
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Yah. Just saw it on ESPN. Looks like he was running fast because he didn't know if it was going to be a HR. I never would have guessed you could pinch run somebody in the middle of a HR.

Comment

It was pretty bizarre. He didn't even look like he was hurt because he didn't have a look of pain on his face.

Tony Graffanino had to wait between first and second the whole time Kapler was down, the whole thing was strange.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor:
                              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Working...
                              X