Warner quote on the expectations of Bulger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner quote on the expectations of Bulger

I asked Kurt if he felt any empathy for Bulger because Rams fans expect Bulger to match the standard that Kurt set from 1999-2001.

Great answer:

“I suppose a little bit, because everybody expects me to be that, too. You don’t get rid of it. Thank God you have those years that you do. It’s the same way in my situation, and I know Marc is dealing with it. You have that standard even my situation – every year, every time you step on that football field, they expect you to perform at that type of level. And it’s hard to do. It was a great run that we had. We had everything going, we had everything clicking, we were together for a long period of time. And it was one of those special, special periods.

"Yeah, I feel for him. But at the same time, I don’t feel too bad for him because the guy’s had nothing but success in the league. You cant get caught up with what the media says or what the fans want. The guy’s played good football. That’s why he’s the starting quarterback there, that’s why he’s been to the Pro Bowl. He’s an excellent quarterback, and has proven it year in and year out. I don’t look at it like he hasn’t lived up to a standard. He’s played very good football. He doesn’t buy into any of that stuff. He goes out and battles every week and I think he’s done a tremendous job there.”

--B
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think Kurt is spot on.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Our first Warner thread of 'Kurt Warner Week'......

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Say what you will about Warner but he's one of the good guy's.

Sometimes I get tired of him wearing his religion on his sleeve but wish him nothing but the best of luck. At least 14 times a year.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 14 2005, 08:00 PM) Quoted post

Say what you will about Warner but he's one of the good guy's.

Sometimes I get tired of him wearing his religion on his sleeve but wish him nothing but the best of luck. At least 14 times a year.
        [/b][/quote]
        ++

Agreed. The thing that turned me off the most was him blaming his "religiousness??" for the reason he was benched. Kurt knows better than that. He sucked donkey balls and got benched b/c of it. I wish he would've said that.

Oh well, I do think he's a good guy and I do root for him to do well.

FIRE MARTZ!!
        --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
        --Suck it cubbies.
        --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

KW is a classy guy who seems to have come to grips with what happened here. Good for him.

Now, the real question is whether he feels sorry for Bulger because Martz is doing to him what he did to Warner -- letting him get pounded week in and week out.
          On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Working...
          X