Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Clemens' mom dies

Houston Chron story

Holy crap. I feel for him and the pain he must be going through.

On a selfish not I hope he does well tonight and that this does not affect him for the remainder of the season and possible post-season.

TSN: Steroids are a hot topic. They supposedly give players an advantage in their workouts, allowing them to do more, enabling them to recover more quickly. For those reasons, have you ever considered using performance-enhancing drugs?
    CLEMENS: Steroids are great because for my mother (Bess, who suffers from emphysema), they are great. They keep her chest cavity strong, and she has to take them. For others, they abuse them, and they're not good for you. I hate the fact that they're just making this such a big topic because one or two guys (have) come out about it. I don't think there's any secret about the guys who were doing it -- you can tell. But to each their own.[/b][/quote]

Steroids suck..
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Sad to hear. My Mom has COPD too.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

RIP - Bess Clemens

Comment

QUOTE(Xavier @ Sep 14 2005, 04:12 PM) Quoted post

RIP - Bess Clemens
          [/b][/quote]

My Mom isn't in a wheelchair, but that oxygen tube is a familiar site. Has it 24/7. She was on steroids for a while too - those things can really fuck you up.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

How sad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like Clemons is going to beat Carp in the PGIHODM* this year.....a most important statistic in Cy Young consideration

*Pitched Games in Honor Of Dead Mother

Run support and a healthy mother are going to kill Carpenter's chances

Comment

QUOTE(Xavier @ Sep 14 2005, 04:12 PM) Quoted post

RIP - Bess Clemens
                [/b][/quote]
                What a moving scene that is. Thanks for posting the pic.

Comment

R.I.P.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Sep 14 2005, 06:04 PM) Quoted post

Looks like Clemons is going to beat Carp in the PGIHODM* this year.....a most important statistic in Cy Young consideration

[/b][/quote]

You're going to go for Hell for posting stuff like that.

I'll be there with you for laughing at it, but at least I have someone I can blame. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 14 2005, 04:21 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I'll be there with you for laughing at it, but at least I have someone I can blame. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Actually, that was being somewhat sarcastic as to the true sentiment I feel, and I feel bad for the Clemons' and all....but WTF is he doing going out and pitching when he should be home with his family? Parading his grief for all to see? I bet he would be at home like any other human being who just lost a mother if it wasn't for his Cy Young contention (and the propensity for the media/voters to eat this shit up)...or maybe this retarded "warrior mentality" in pro sports (AKA Brett Favre and his dad's death, Shilling and his bloody sock). Family comes before a game or a stupid award or misguided media praise

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Sep 14 2005, 05:40 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 14 2005, 04:21 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        Actually, that was being somewhat sarcastic as to the true sentiment I feel, and I feel bad for the Clemons' and all....but WTF is he doing going out and pitching when he should be home with his family? Parading his grief for all to see? I bet he would be at home like any other human being who just lost a mother if it wasn't for his Cy Young contention (and the propensity for the media/voters to eat this shit up)...or maybe this retarded "warrior mentality" in pro sports (AKA Brett Favre and his dad's death, Shilling and his bloody sock). Family comes before a game or a stupid award or misguided media praise
                        [/b][/quote]I hate to agree,but I do.....Clemens would stay home if the situation was any different....and that`s where he should be.

I feel for the guy....I particularly feel for the guy because I will be facing the same thing very shortly....but he should be with those most important to him. A small part of me hopes he duplicates his last performance...i`m not proud of that,but all things considering,I do.
                        "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

I bet he would be at home like any other human being who just lost a mother if it wasn't for his Cy Young contention (and the propensity for the media/voters to eat this shit up)...or maybe this retarded "warrior mentality" in pro sports (AKA Brett Favre and his dad's death, Shilling and his bloody sock). Family comes before a game or a stupid award or misguided media praise[/b][/quote]
                          I would bet your paycheck that his team's desperate need to win this game tonight has much more to with it than any individual award.

People make their own decisions on how to handle personal situations like this. I can't blame him and I hope he pitches a no-hitter.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 14 2005, 05:21 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            That is not why he is going to hell! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

QUOTE(King @ Sep 14 2005, 05:57 PM) Quoted post

I bet he would be at home like any other human being who just lost a mother if it wasn't for his Cy Young contention (and the propensity for the media/voters to eat this shit up)...or maybe this retarded "warrior mentality" in pro sports (AKA Brett Favre and his dad's death, Shilling and his bloody sock). Family comes before a game or a stupid award or misguided media praise[/b][/quote]
                              I would bet your paycheck that his team's desperate need to win this game tonight has much more to with it than any individual award.
                              People make their own decisions on how to handle personal situations like this. I can't blame him and I hope he pitches a no-hitter.
                              [/b][/quote]

++

If they were not in the race he would probably skip it. The people to be pissed at are those in the media who will play it up.
                              If he missed the wake or funeral for this I would think less of him. I think his family can cope for the several hours he will be away though.

Comment

Working...
                              X