• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Miklasz receives threatening phone message

Team exec will get reprimand for threatening phone message
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/13/2005

Rams president John Shaw said team executive Samir Suleiman would be reprimanded for leaving a threatening phone message on the voice mail of Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz.

"It's shocking that he would leave a message like that," Shaw told the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday. "It's the type of behavior that we don't condone on any level. He will be reprimanded, and it will be handled internally."

Shaw declined to say what the reprimand would entail.

In an Aug. 28 column in the Post-Dispatch, Miklasz wrote that Rams executives owed the head coach - no matter who he was - their support instead of back-stabbing him.
    Advertisement

Apparently in response to that column, Suleiman left a message on Miklasz's voice mail stating, in part, "tell your source that I'm not a back-stabber, I'm a (expletive) throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."

Suleiman, who has the title of director of football administration, has worked for the Rams for six years. He assists president of football operations Jay Zygmunt on salary cap issues and contract negotiations.

Shaw said Tuesday that Suleiman's phone message showed "a lack of judgment. I really don't understand it, to be honest with you."
    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Welcome to the INside.

Comment

If this is a dupe, please delete mods. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

edit: Just discovered duplicate thead. DELETE!!
      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Welcome to last week man
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Original

Comment

Working...
          X