Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Cards celebrate if they win tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Cards celebrate if they win tomorrow.

I say it could be a great fan experience.

Cards play an afternoon game.

Houston plays at night.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

1 is not a clinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 13 2005, 10:10 PM) Quoted post

1 is not a clinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      [/b][/quote]

even if Hou loses....it doesn't count per the gospel according to Tony.

"It's not a clinch, man. That's a rule for when it's tied at the end of the season!"---TLR [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Since we are getting technical a wild card winner that loses the tie breaker to its division winner is NOT a "co-champion"
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

It's too early for celebrations.

And I ain't talkin about the magic number.
          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Sep 13 2005, 10:27 PM) Quoted post

It's too early for celebrations.

And I ain't talkin about the magic number.
            [/b][/quote]
            ++

Comment

How's this for bad timing: Remember at the start of the year how we were talking about only one game that wouldn't be televised anywhere?

Guess which one it is.

I'm sure FSMW will have coverage of any celebration, though.

Comment

I think WB 11 added it to their schedule for some reason...lemme go check

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

As was pointed out in another thread, this is not like last year, where the Cardinals really "clinched" their division when the magic # was 1 due to the fact that they were assured of the wild card and had won the season series over the Cubs. STL has 93 wins, so, with the # at 1, it would still be technically possible for them to tie with Houston and finish behind both the Braves and the Marlins (who could still finish with as many as 100 and 95 wins, respectively). So, since the WC would not be assured by a Cardinal win today, nothing is clinched and a celebration would not be appropriate.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Let's hope both the Cardinals and Houston win today. That win they can clinch it in more traditional fashion (assuming Houston finishes their loss first) tomorrow.

Celebratus interruptus would suck.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 14 2005, 07:13 AM) Quoted post

Let's hope both the Cardinals and Houston win today. That win they can clinch it in more traditional fashion (assuming Houston finishes their loss first) tomorrow.

Celebratus interruptus would suck.
                      [/b][/quote]

My favorite moment remains 2002, when Rolen speared a screaming line drive to clinch the NL Central, and Albert Pujols brought out Darryl Kile's jersey on a hanger for the celebration. That remains the only time a baseball game has made me tear up.

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Sep 13 2005, 11:37 PM) Quoted post

How's this for bad timing: Remember at the start of the year how we were talking about only one game that wouldn't be televised anywhere?

Guess which one it is.

I'm sure FSMW will have coverage of any celebration, though.
                        [/b][/quote]

Channel 11 in STL is televising the game because espn stole a game from them earlier this season. Beat ya 007! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        RIP Stan the Man
                        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                        I miss TLR!

Comment

Ah, here it is. My favorite Cardinal moment of all time.

Comment

Working...
                          X