X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest, Delta set to file for Bankruptcy protection

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB2MXQ5MTU3...gtaWU-/s/254165

Fuck 'em...let 'em go under...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

This calls for a multi-billion dollar government bailout, so that they can go back to overcharging customers and never turning a profit.

The commercial airline industry is so fucked.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 13 2005, 03:20 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        ++

Comment

It's good to know large corporations are exempt fromt he new bankruptcy laws.
          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 13 2005, 12:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

I'm going to incorporate myself...
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Sep 13 2005, 02:27 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 13 2005, 12:23 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

++

I'm going to incorporate myself...
              [/b][/quote]

I think there's a minimum net worth guideline, so I'm screwed if something bad happens to me.

Like a hurricane.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I didn't read the article but I'm sure that they are filing to get out from under their union contracts and pension plans. Those are what are killing the non-discount airlines. They'll keep flying.
                June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Sep 13 2005, 03:22 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 13 2005, 03:20 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  ++
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Absolutely. This is one of the industries that routinely can't manage its own finances and is continually bailed out by an even larger group that's an even bigger financial cluster. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 13 2005, 04:21 PM) Quoted post

This calls for a multi-billion dollar government bailout, so that they can go back to overcharging customers and never turning a profit.

The commercial airline industry is so fucked.
                    [/b][/quote]

cue _STLfan_in_DFW in 3..2..1...

Comment

The working man will be fucked once again.

Comment

How so?

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Sep 13 2005, 02:47 PM) Quoted post

How so?
                          [/b][/quote]

How so, they will lose their pensions. Delta will get the Gubmint to take over the pensions which means workers will get a fraction of what they were promised.

Comment

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...50069_mz017.htm

Comment

QUOTE(thetorch @ Sep 13 2005, 03:53 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Sep 13 2005, 02:47 PM) Quoted post

How so?
                              [/b][/quote]

How so, they will lose their pensions. Delta will get the Gubmint to take over the pensions which means workers will get a fraction of what they were promised.
                              [/b][/quote]

The cruel, cruel realities of capatialism.

If it weren't for the government, they would get what the system says they deserve: nothing.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                              X