Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadley responds to Slaten's Comments

Just The Facts

Excuse me for exposing the ending to a building drama, but in the interest of factual representation, I wanted to make sure that the masses are aware that claims by Kevin Slaten during a broadcast on KFNS are completely misrepresented and blatant mistruths.

While many media members insisted that it was best to allow Mr. Slaten to make his claims because he simply desires attention, I want to make sure the facts are presented.

Mr. Slaten has not been informed that he is banned from Rams Park and the Rams didn't specifically ban him from broadcasting press conferences from Rams Park. Lastly, Mr. Slaten never received a phone call from anybody at Rams Park informing him he would be charged with trespassing if he came to Rams Park.

Mr. Slaten is more than welcome at Rams Park. In fact, I personally invite Mr. Slaten to attend press conferences at Rams Park. His presence and questions would be more than welcomed.

In fact, to further assist Mr. Slaten in his attempt to cover the Rams, I'll also invite the likes Leonard Little and Steven Jackson to attend the press conference on Monday allowing Mr. Slaten to query them on his contention that they're (politely paraphrasing) too loud and obnoxious on the field.

Once again, I repeat, Mr. Slaten hasn't been banned, hasn't been threatened with trespassing action, nor was he singled out in the decision to keep in-house press conferences the broadcast property of the Rams' website.

If he was seeking attention, I've obliged by making sure the facts are presented and extending him an offer to attend press conferences at Rams Park to voice his opinions with the players and pose questions to Coach Mike Martz.

Last those attempting to paint KFNS with broad stokes based on Mr. Slaten's actions are too misrepresenting the facts, a half-dozen KFNS staff members on occasion attend Rams press conferences and practices throughout the season with two members of the KFNS staff being "regulars."

I hope to see Mr. Slaten this coming Monday.
    I got nothin....
    I made a website, STLsportspulse.com. Yippeee!

I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Redbird83@Sep 13 2005, 12:47 PM
      Just The Facts

Excuse me for exposing the ending to a building drama, but in the interest of factual representation, I wanted to make sure that the masses are aware that claims by Kevin Slaten during a broadcast on KFNS are completely misrepresented and blatant mistruths.

While many media members insisted that it was best to allow Mr. Slaten to make his claims because he simply desires attention, I want to make sure the facts are presented.

Mr. Slaten has not been informed that he is banned from Rams Park and the Rams didn't specifically ban him from broadcasting press conferences from Rams Park. Lastly, Mr. Slaten never received a phone call from anybody at Rams Park informing him he would be charged with trespassing if he came to Rams Park.

Mr. Slaten is more than welcome at Rams Park. In fact, I personally invite Mr. Slaten to attend press conferences at Rams Park. His presence and questions would be more than welcomed.

In fact, to further assist Mr. Slaten in his attempt to cover the Rams, I'll also invite the likes Leonard Little and Steven Jackson to attend the press conference on Monday allowing Mr. Slaten to query them on his contention that they're (politely paraphrasing) too loud and obnoxious on the field.

Once again, I repeat, Mr. Slaten hasn't been banned, hasn't been threatened with trespassing action, nor was he singled out in the decision to keep in-house press conferences the broadcast property of the Rams' website.

If he was seeking attention, I've obliged by making sure the facts are presented and extending him an offer to attend press conferences at Rams Park to voice his opinions with the players and pose questions to Coach Mike Martz.

Last those attempting to paint KFNS with broad stokes based on Mr. Slaten's actions are too misrepresenting the facts, a half-dozen KFNS staff members on occasion attend Rams press conferences and practices throughout the season with two members of the KFNS staff being "regulars."

I hope to see Mr. Slaten this coming Monday.

How does Hadley have a job -

He should be fired for that asinine statement alone.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Slaten should bring McKenna with him in his ninja costume to the press-conference...
        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
        -mike
        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala+Sep 13 2005, 12:10 PM-->
          QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Sep 13 2005, 12:10 PM)

At least his comma usage is better this year...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I am lost, what the hell happened?
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

The whole broadcast on the bottom line today is slaten v. hadley...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

The rant should be a good one today.
                I got nothin....
                I made a website, STLsportspulse.com. Yippeee!

Comment

QUOTE(Redbird83 @ Sep 13 2005, 02:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  The whole show is a rant today [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 13 2005, 02:45 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Redbird83 @ Sep 13 2005, 02:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    The whole show is a rant today [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]

Yep - it's been one long rant since 2 pm

Oliver is on now
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

simply stated, it is obvious that Hadley types his own material because if he didn't that bolded paragraph would not be there.
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott
                      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

does fighting like this with people like this happen in real cities or just mine?
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

QUOTE(OldSchoolStroker @ Sep 13 2005, 12:14 PM) Quoted post

Slaten should bring McKenna with him in his ninja costume to the press-conference...
                          [/b][/quote]
                          [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] that's fucking genius! HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

that being said, simply stated, I find Hadley humorous.
                          The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
                          A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                            X