X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie to amputate finger to play better football

Aussie athlete to amputate finger to play better
    Associated Press

SYDNEY, Australia -- An Australian professional football player plans to have one of his fingers amputated in an attempt to improve his game.

Brett Backwell, who plays Australian rules football for Glenelg, a suburb of the city of Adelaide in South Australia state, told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. on Tuesday he has suffered from pain and restricted movement since he broke his left ring finger three years ago.

Doctors had suggested fusing the bones in the finger, but Backwell rejected the proposal.

He said he believed that amputating the finger was the only way to stop the pain and allow him to keep playing.

"To chop a finger off, that's a bit drastic," Backwell told the ABC. "But I love my footy, and love playing sport, and if that's going to help me to succeed at this level then it's something you've just got to do."

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Aussie? I'm offended.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Why do the mods allow this?
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by JWB@Sep 13 2005, 12:24 PM
        Why do the mods allow this?
        They are fuckers.... <_<

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

pussy.

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Is he related to Ronnie Lott?
            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Sep 13 2005, 12:26 PM
              Is he related to Ronnie Lott?
              IN.
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Sep 13 2005, 11:23 AM
                Aussie? I'm offended.
                The opposite of political correctness is still political correctness
                Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I tell you if you have ever seen a Aussie Rules football game you would know what tough SOB they are. Doesn't surprise me.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Just chew it off and get back in the game you pussy.
                    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

QUOTE(fzjjfk @ Sep 13 2005, 11:34 AM) Quoted post

I tell you if you have ever seen a Aussie Rules football game you would know what tough SOB they are. Doesn't surprise me.
                      [/b][/quote]
                      ++

And..Rugby even more so. Oh..but, I forgot..American Football is tougher [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Not on the best day is Football tougher than Rugby.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 13 2005, 11:12 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        ++

And..Rugby even more so. Oh..but, I forgot..American Football is tougher [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Rugby and aussie f-ball players are pussies compared to REAL football players.

If they could hang with the big-boys, they would come to the US to make real money. Instead, they like to stick with their ball-grabbing/thumb-jamming faggoty ways.

Queers.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 13 2005, 10:14 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          ++

[/b][/quote]

If they could hang with the big-boys, they would come to the US to make real money. Instead, they like to stick with their ball-grabbing/thumb-jamming faggoty ways.

Queers.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Nice..I see this is one of your more idiotic posts. Congrats..quite a feat for you, Zez.

You really think any of the Ruggers want to play Football? Get to fuck..they could care less. However, I am certain that a bloke like Jona Lomu could have been an All-World running back had he wanted to play.

You fucking poofs need to wear helmets, pads all over your bodies, shoulder gear..

You see any Rugby player wearing any of that shite?? No..why? Because at the end of the day..most football players are big pussies..compared to Rugby players.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 13 2005, 11:18 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                            ++

[/b][/quote]

Queers.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Nice..I see this is one of your more idiotic posts. Congrats..quite a feat for you, Zez.

You really think any of the Ruggers want to play Football? Get to fuck..they could care less. However, I am certain that a bloke like Jona Lomu could have been an All-World running back had he wanted to play.

You fucking poofs need to wear helmets, pads all over your bodies, shoulder gear..

You see any Rugby player wearing any of that shite?? No..why? Because at the end of the day..most football players are big pussies..compared to Rugby players.
                            [/b][/quote]

They dont' wear equipment because they like to give and receive hand jobs during play. They also enjoy having hands stuck up their asses.

Rugby players are nothing but cum-gargling cock sheaths.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 13 2005, 10:21 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Sep 13 2005, 11:18 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              ++

[/b][/quote]

Queers.
                              [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

They dont' wear equipment because they like to give and receive hand jobs during play. They also enjoy having hands stuck up their asses.

Rugby players are nothing but cum-gargling cock sheaths.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              You sound like you've played a bit of 8-man, Zez. I mean, you know cock sheaths.

WTF is a cock sheath? GHEY!!!111111

Comment

Working...
                              X