It's time for a mini-rant....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for a mini-rant....

1) What the fuck was up with the Sunday P-D? Now, I'm not Mizzou fan by any stretch of the imagination, but why in the world was the Texas-OSU front page material and Mizzou on page 17? Guess they are in the bidness just to sell a headline...

2) Speaking of the P-D...after looking @ the paper for the past week and evaluating the 'new look', I think it's fair to say that it looks like a college newspaper...

3) Why does the STL media continue to roll over to Mike Martz and the Rams? I assume after 11 seasons that the honeymoon would be over and it's time to put the pedal to the metal and question what's going on, right? Guess I'm delusional, but @ least I'm not a Rams fan....

4) 1380's friggin' obsession with 'Los Lonely Boys'...I see on their website: Win Los Lonely Boys tickets @ the Pageant! and today happened to be 'call in and win 'Los Lonely Boys' tickets!'...the question: 'Name the two big name bands they opened for this summer'...hey note to 1380: one hit wonders and a producer's lust for a band are stupid radio.....

5) 'The Rams continue to beat themselves' by members of the media and some fans.....you know what? That's a pretty fucking lame excuse...next time, watch the friggin' game instead of picking and choosing what parts of the game you feel like commenting on....the Rams didn't really decide to wake up on offense till the 4th quarter and all of the sudden, they had it in the bag the whole time....yeah, that's the ticket....

6) The Blues signing of Scott Young....lemme get this straight: the Blues ink a player who's arguably seen his better day two years ago and they think it's a 'good addition'? When is this shitty management team gonna stop insulting the intelligence of Blues fans everywhere by trying to pass off a name player as an improvement to the team? Counting down the days till someone buys this team and sends off Sauer and Pleau to 'Green Acres'....

7) My fantasy football bench: best damn reserves in all of fantasy land this week...I had over 210 points sitting on my bench in both leagues on Sunday...I guess I know I can count on that in the future....

8) Wake me up when the STL media starts acting like members of the media and not some 'fan boys' covering local sports teams...

9) Wake up the echoes! Charlie Weis has the Irish up and @ 'em the first two weeks, playing solidly on defense and creative on offense....I don't care if you hate ND or not, but it's good for college football....

10) And finally....Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb talked to tonite, so that means we can finally move on to something else right? Right?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Originally posted by *007*@Sep 12 2005, 10:36 PM
    1) What the fuck was up with the Sunday P-D? Now, I'm not Mizzou fan by any stretch of the imagination, but why in the world was the Texas-OSU front page material and Mizzou on page 17? Guess they are in the bidness just to sell a headline...

3) Why does the STL media continue to roll over to Mike Martz and the Rams? I assume after 11 seasons that the honeymoon would be over and it's time to put the pedal to the metal and question what's going on, right? Guess I'm delusional, but @ least I'm not a Rams fan....

5) 'The Rams continue to beat themselves' by members of the media and some fans.....you know what? That's a pretty fucking lame excuse...next time, watch the friggin' game instead of picking and choosing what parts of the game you feel like commenting on....the Rams didn't really decide to wake up on offense till the 4th quarter and all of the sudden, they had it in the bag the whole time....yeah, that's the ticket....

6) The Blues signing of Scott Young....lemme get this straight: the Blues ink a player who's arguably seen his better day two years ago and they think it's a 'good addition'? When is this shitty management team gonna stop insulting the intelligence of Blues fans everywhere by trying to pass off a name player as an improvement to the team? Counting down the days till someone buys this team and sends off Sauer and Pleau to 'Green Acres'....

8) Wake me up when the STL media starts acting like members of the media and not some 'fan boys' covering local sports teams...

9) Wake up the echoes! Charlie Weis has the Irish up and @ 'em the first two weeks, playing solidly on defense and creative on offense....I don't care if you hate ND or not, but it's good for college football....

10) And finally....Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb talked to tonite, so that means we can finally move on to something else right? Right?
    PLUS FUCKING PLUS

:P

Except I am a Rams fan. And I am down with the Irish. Afterall, I am Irish (but not Catholic--well, my Dad's side of the family is, I'm not ). I also believe the P.D. smiles when it can diss MU in any way. What does Bernie call people like me?
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Spam?

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Sep 12 2005, 11:50 PM
        Spam?
        Yes, now kindly fuck off, Squirrel...

Comment

007 says he isn't a Rams fan?

I don't think he's ever said that.
          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Sep 12 2005, 11:51 PM-->
            QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 12 2005, 11:51 PM)

No mention of Bonds?
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty+Sep 12 2005, 11:52 PM-->
              QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 12 2005, 11:52 PM)
              Originally posted by *007*@Sep 12 2005, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by Guppy@Sep 12 2005, 11:52 PM
              No mention of Bonds?
              I figure Yaks will cover it on the late shift...

Comment

The Rams should have fired Mike Martz and hired Charlie Weis
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by JWB@Sep 12 2005, 11:52 PM
                  007 says he isn't a Rams fan?

I don't think he's ever said that.
                  He's always said he's a Niners fan.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty+Sep 12 2005, 11:54 PM-->
                    QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 12 2005, 11:54 PM)

Originally posted by TTB@Sep 12 2005, 10:53 PM
                    The Rams should have fired Mike Martz and hired Charlie Weis
                    I like Charlie right where he is. ND fans have had (overall) a rough 10 or so years. Maybe a little longer.

Bob Davie? Yikes.

The Rams need to fire Martz and hire Kyle Turley to coach. Wouldn't that be fun.
                    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                    --Suck it cubbies.
                    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty+Sep 12 2005, 11:54 PM-->
                      QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 12 2005, 11:54 PM)

Originally posted by "F"_the_Cubs+Sep 12 2005, 10:58 PM-->
                      QUOTE("F"_the_Cubs @ Sep 12 2005, 10:58 PM)
                    Working...
                    X