X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo to play Teddy?

DeCaprio, Scorsese to take on Roosevelt

Sep. 12, 2005 at 7:25PM

Director Martin Scorsese and actor Leonardo DiCaprio will team up again for a Paramount Pictures film about U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt.
    The film based on Edmund Morris' Pulitzer Prize-winning book, "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt," will focus on the formative years of the 26th president, as he reinvented himself from a slight and privileged New York politician with a Harvard degree to the burly commander of the Rough Riders, Daily Variety reported Monday.
    DiCaprio and Scorsese are currently working on their third film together, "The Departed," the Warner Bros. remake of the Hong Kong crime drama "Infernal Affairs." The duo previously teamed for "Gangs of New York" and "The Aviator."
    Fuck. There's no way they'd let that wispy kid play my man Teddy?

Right?

RIGHT?!

FUCK...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Actually..I bet he'll be pretty good. He was good in the aviator..so, it wouldnt surprise me.

What is it with Scorsese and Leo..every movie he makes..he plays the lead role.

Like Tim Burton and Johnny Depp..

Comment

isn't he a bit young?

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Sep 12 2005, 07:06 PM
        DeCaprio, Scorsese to take on Roosevelt

Sep. 12, 2005 at 7:25PM

Director Martin Scorsese and actor Leonardo DiCaprio will team up again for a Paramount Pictures film about U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt.
        The film based on Edmund Morris' Pulitzer Prize-winning book, "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt," will focus on the formative years of the 26th president, as he reinvented himself from a slight and privileged New York politician with a Harvard degree to the burly commander of the Rough Riders, Daily Variety reported Monday.
        DiCaprio and Scorsese are currently working on their third film together, "The Departed," the Warner Bros. remake of the Hong Kong crime drama "Infernal Affairs." The duo previously teamed for "Gangs of New York" and "The Aviator."
        Fuck. There's no way they'd let that wispy kid play my man Teddy?

Right?

RIGHT?!

FUCK...
        I agree that the thought of Leo playing TR makes me sick, but remember that as a youngster, Rossevelt was far from the tough guy that he was later in life. He was sickly throughout most of his youth, but he made great efforts to overcome it.

So in that case, getting a weasel like Leo might be fitting.

Comment

Yes, of course, I know that, but the idea of the commercialization and bastardization of the sacred TR is just so so wrong.
          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Sep 12 2005, 07:29 PM
            Yes, of course, I know that, but the idea of the commercialization and bastardization of the sacred TR is just so so wrong.
            Welcome to 21st century America, mate.

How's the Filipino?

Mabahu Ang Peck-peck mo...

He'll get a kick out of that..

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG37@Sep 12 2005, 06:22 PM
              I agree that the thought of Leo playing TR makes me sick, but remember that as a youngster, Rossevelt was far from the tough guy that he was later in life. He was sickly throughout most of his youth, but he made great efforts to overcome it.

My thoughts exactly. It seems like a counter-intuitive choice, but an actor as good as DiCaprio under a director as good as Scorsese could pull it off.

DiCaprio, BTW, will turn 31 in November.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf@Sep 12 2005, 08:39 PM

Oh shit, that's funny.
                  The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

is this the right thread to bring up justin timberlake's movie debut is coming soon? i wouldn't care, but his co stars are morgan freeman and kevin spacey, so they make me

Comment

Originally posted by gibsongirl+Sep 12 2005, 08:41 PM-->
                      QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Sep 12 2005, 08:41 PM)

Originally posted by davhaf@Sep 12 2005, 07:39 PM

Comment

DiCaprio

even more over rated than Nick Cage.

Comment

That's like having Ethan Embry play 007....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

good lord...I really admire TR...Decraprio makes me want to puke

Not good...
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                            X