Keep hope alive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep hope alive....

Don't look now, but Cubs only 5.5 out of wild card.

There is still a chance for a late-season run to break their fans' hearts yet again.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Sep 12 2005, 06:38 PM

There is still a chance for a late-season run to break their fans' hearts yet again.

It would only be sweeter it it was marred by fan interference.....

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=steve+bartman/v=2/SID=w/TID=YS67_89/l=IVI/SIG=124kaq1la/EXP=1126658810/*-http%3A//www.mikehart.net/port/bestof2003/cubs.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Sep 12 2005, 07:38 PM

And Houston is losing tonight, while the Cubs lead the Reds 1-0.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen (although I should), but even if the Cubs go on a tear and Houston pulls a choke job equivalent to that of the Cubs last year (which they themselves could contribute to - 8 games between them remaining ), I'm concerned about the 3 NL East teams in the mix. Atlanta's going to play a big role in determining the WC, with 7 against Philly and 6 against Florida. That leaves Washington, who plays both of the aforementioned teams (and could play themselves right out of the race).

I don't know why I'm even trying to analyze this....it ain't gonna happen. But the Cubs being hot makes it an intriguing possibility - has a team ever basically given up on the postseason (the Lawton deal) and still made it in? If it was gonna happen to anyone....

Comment

So much for that.....Reds now lead 5-1 on a 3 run HR by Pena.

Go Blues.

Comment

I knew what this thread was about just from the title....

So true.
          Of course you do.

Comment

Reds win 5-2, and the above scenario just took a major kick to the groin.

Comment

Working...
            X