The Ashes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ashes....

never leave Lords but are, effectively 'officially' back in England at the Oval tonight where they belong. It's taken me 30 years to FULLY understand the intricacies of cricket and the best way I can explain it is that, once you 'get' it, it's almost as enjoyable as baseball.

The legendary Warne was spectacular for Australia bowling (think pitching and for God's sake think Sandy Koufax) but the English had an aura about them. Man, it was something.

At 6:15 p.m. U.K. time England became, effectively, World Champions in cricket along with rugby that they previously won and now it's up to the best generation of footballers in memory here to get off their arses to get through for the treble.

Sorry Indu-Wang. :-)

p.s. Thanks Patrick for directing this old phart back onto the site.

excellent. i watched it at cricinfo and bbc online.

fantastic win for the English. Shame Warne dropped that ball - it could have changed the whole thing and he worked hard to save Aussies up to that point.

Also fitting end for Warne to go out with a wicket as he arrived with the ball of the century.

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo@Sep 12 2005, 02:35 PM
      excellent. i watched it at cricinfo and bbc online.

fantastic win for the English. Shame Warne dropped that ball - it could have changed the whole thing and he worked hard to save Aussies up to that point.

Also fitting end for Warne to go out with a wicket as he arrived with the ball of the century.
      Wang ain't goin to like this thread Hans :-)

Comment

tally ho ole chaps! hee hee....

And I hope Egland does NOT win the World Cup.
        The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
        A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

Originally posted by space invader@Sep 12 2005, 03:39 PM
          tally ho ole chaps! hee hee....

And I hope Egland does NOT win the World Cup.
          I dont think you need worry about that with Sven in charge.

It's only been 18 years since we won the ashes, so today is a good day.

Comment

Working...
          X