• Show
Clear All

• The Flight that Fought Back

Did anyone watch it? Comments?

fiction

Comment

I still think the plane was shot down.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I read somewhere that two Israeli agents killed everybody on board, and by then had missed their time window to crash into the White House, so they parachuted out, and let the plane crash in a field.

Can't remember where I saw that, but it sounded reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Sep 12 2005, 12:21 PM
          I read somewhere that two Israeli agents killed everybody on board, and by then had missed their time window to crash into the White House, so they parachuted out, and let the plane crash in a field.

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I thought that Yoda (wearing the Star of David) made the plane levitate allowing the Terrorists to jump out, and then redirected the plane to Cleveland where Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones were waiting with the little red light memory zapper thingy....
            "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

Comment

How did these Mossad get their parachutes on board? Didn't anybody notice? Or were they able to use their Jedi powers to levitate to the ground without jumping?

Comment

I hope it will be reaired. I'm sorry I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Sep 12 2005, 12:28 PM
                  How did these Mossad get their parachutes on board? Didn't anybody notice? Or were they able to use their Jedi powers to levitate to the ground without jumping?
                  They pretended to have goiters.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Sep 12 2005, 01:21 PM

non-fiction

Comment

I started to watch it last night, but threw a tape in, cause I knew I was going to fall asleep.

I checked for the schedule of it "re-airing" for the rest of the week, and nothing came up. However this IS the Discovery Channel, I'm guessing in about a month it will be on a few more times. I just taped it to be safe.

Don't get me wrong, the Twin Towers affected me, but Flight 93 really speaks volumes (for those that believe it is real - had to throw that in for Torch )

So, more importantly, when does Desperate Housewives start up again???
                      Feb. 08, 2005
                      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                      Originally posted by Airshark
                      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Here's what Rich Lowry had to say about the program:

THE FLIGHT THAT FOUGHT BACK” [Rich Lowry ]
                        I couldn't take my eyes off this account of Flight 93 on the Discovery channel last night. It was excellent. The passengers on that flight were such a cross-section of America, and the way they acted was so thoroughly, rousingly American--down to taking a vote before they decided to charge the cock-pit. The special repeated twice how one of the passengers who read a lot of history used to talk about how troops at Gettysburg had pinned notes to be sent to their loved ones to the trees, before they did their duty and marched to near-certain death. That's exactly what the passengers on Flight 93 did, except with airphones and cell phones. May their heart-breaking and inspiring story never, never be forgotten.
                        "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

I wish they would release all the audio of what happened on that flight.
                          There have been rumors that it didn't happen exactly as we are led to believe.
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Sep 12 2005, 01:16 PM
                            such as?

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Sep 12 2005, 02:16 PM
                              There have been?

I wish someone would post them here.

Comment

Working...
                              X