Asus Barebones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Barebones

I`m considering a minor piecing together of a new system,and I can get one of these systems for a reasonable price. Plus,the guy I would get it from[my wu Shu instructor]is a computer engineer who would help me set it up[he just shut down his side computer business].

Good system,or should I take a pass and go a different direction.
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

any information on it?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

We need more specifications than just the brand name of the mobo. A link perhaps.

Comment

The one i`m considering is the Pundit R

Pentium 4
        3.2GHz on 800MHz FSB
        ATI RS300 chipset

but I also have several options from the Terminator series. He just closed up recently[not many people can pry themselves away from Best Buy],and has gone back to the Comp Engineer grind.

I`m not teh most computer literate chappy....but I`m sick of teh crap i`ve been using at home and want to put something better together,especially since I want to incorporate this computer into my childrens homeschooling.
        "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone@Sep 12 2005, 11:39 AM
          The one i`m considering is the Pundit R

Pentium 4
          3.2GHz on 800MHz FSB
          ATI RS300 chipset

but I also have several options from the Terminator series. He just closed up recently[not many people can pry themselves away from Best Buy],and has gone back to the Comp Engineer grind.

I`m not teh most computer literate chappy....but I`m sick of teh crap i`ve been using at home and want to put something better together,especially since I want to incorporate this computer into my childrens homeschooling.

Do you really want to build your own?

I used to love to do it, but I've found that I can get a dell cheaper at this point......
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 12 2005, 11:43 AM-->
            QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 12 2005, 11:43 AM)

That`s what i`m trying to get a handle on. Since I have skilled help,and can prolly get good value....is it worth it to go this direction,or should I get a Dell 9100.

The fact that I may have been scarred psychologically by the Dell dude guy also has to factor into this equation.

Matrem tuam pedicavi

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone@Sep 12 2005, 11:56 AM
              That`s what i`m trying to get a handle on. Since I have skilled help,and can prolly get good value....is it worth it to go this direction,or should I get a Dell 9100.

The fact that I may have been scarred psychologically by the Dell dude guy also has to factor into this equation.
              It depends on what you're looking to spend.

Here's a pretty damn good deal from them right now:

9100 w/P4 3ghz, 512mb DDR2, 40GB SATA, DVD Drive & CDRW Drive, 19in ch e193fp LCD for $709 AR

Now, I would first upgrade the HD to 160GB and add at least a DVD-+RW....which will add another $100 or so onto the cost, but that's a solid machine. Also, for another $100 on that price, you can get the new dual-core P4s.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Sep 12 2005, 11:01 AM-->
                QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 12 2005, 11:01 AM)
              Working...
              X