Wedding Banquet/Catering Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Banquet/Catering Help Needed

I need to find a nice, reasonably priced banquet hall for my wedding reception. I hope these two requirements are not mutually exclusive. Since the fiancee and I will be footing the bill, price is somewhat of a factor in the decision. Ideally, we are looking for a place in the Central corridor/South city area.

Any help is appreciated.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Congratulations!
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

So is this your announcement to everyone here that you are now an engaged man?
      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski@Sep 12 2005, 09:55 AM
          I need to find a nice, reasonably priced banquet hall for my wedding reception. I hope these two requirements are not mutually exclusive. Since the fiancee and I will be footing the bill, price is somewhat of a factor in the decision. Ideally, we are looking for a place in the Central corridor/South city area.

Any help is appreciated.
          Royale Orleans was reasonably when I got married. It's on Telegraph Rd.
          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

check out these public facilities like zoo, botanical garden, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Sep 12 2005, 10:00 AM

Thanks, BS, but I was thinking of here. Or the Taco Bell on Kingshighway.

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Bevo Mill!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Sep 12 2005, 11:00 AM-->
                  QUOTE(phantom @ Sep 12 2005, 11:00 AM)

Originally posted by jusse@Sep 12 2005, 11:07 AM
                  Bevo Mill!!!

I have a family member that had theirs there. It was just ok.....I've been to nicer ones. I have no idea what they paid for the place.

Comment

The Christy was a nice place when the wife and I had ours there. It was not that expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by amp@Sep 12 2005, 11:02 AM
                      The Christy was a nice place when the wife and I had ours there. It was not that expensive either.
                      Which one? The one off Gravois? I was thinking about that place. Not far from home or the church.

Comment

I happen to have a bit of experience with this lately...

When you say reasonably priced... I'm biased towards the one we picked (Franklin Room in Soulard) and it's actually a decent price. 29 per guest gets you your meal, cake service, and full bar (including liquor.) Their only downfall is if you want a DJ, you have to pick their service (TKO) or else get a band.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Yeah, Gravois and Christy Rd.

I would not try to put more than 300 people in there though, 250 is a great fit. It allows plenty of room to move around between tables.

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski+Sep 12 2005, 12:10 PM-->
                          QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Sep 12 2005, 12:10 PM)

Originally posted by Prngr44@Sep 12 2005, 11:18 AM
                          I happen to have a bit of experience with this lately...

When you say reasonably priced... I'm biased towards the one we picked (Franklin Room in Soulard) and it's actually a decent price. 29 per guest gets you your meal, cake service, and full bar (including liquor.) Their only downfall is if you want a DJ, you have to pick their service (TKO) or else get a band.
                          Paging, SteveI!!!

Thanks, Prongs. Good info, plus bars are open late.

Comment

Working...
                          X